Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I side with Eldrick on this one. Lets have a poll.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
      MJ simply didn't have that blazin' type speed. He had "sustained" speed
      nonsense

you clearly didn't watch his 10.12 curve

he did not beat frankie ( 10.18 ) & ato ( 10.18 ) who were 9.86 & 9.90 guys to the 100m point with "sustained" speed

he beat them to that point with "blazing" speed - & he beat frankie, a seasoned curve runner & already the '93 wc over 200 & a 19.85 guy upto then, decisely to the 100m point

"sustained" speed helps you only at the 150 - 200m point of the race where it lessens your speed drop-off

it offers nothing upto the 100m point - otherwise every <44.5 guy woud be leading the race to the 100m in elite 200 races if given opportunity to compete

Comment

87 posts between the two of you in one 24-hour period. Who did piss the furthest, and was the wind measurement verified?

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
          MJ simply didn't have that blazin' type speed. He had "sustained" speed
          nonsense

you clearly didn't watch his 10.12 curve

he did not beat frankie ( 10.18 ) & ato ( 10.18 ) who were 9.86 & 9.90 guys to the 100m point with "sustained" speed

he beat them to that point with "blazing" speed - & he beat frankie, a seasoned curve runner & already the '93 wc over 200 & a 19.85 guy upto then, decisely to the 100m point

"sustained" speed helps you only at the 150 - 200m point of the race where it lessens your speed drop-off

it offers nothing upto the 100m point - otherwise every <44.5 guy woud be leading the race to the 100m in elite 200 races if given opportunity to compete
          Once again you didn't pay attention. MJ.. "ran the curve of his life"...meaning he did the unusual for him. That's why he ran a time that alien to what he was accustomed to. I feel like I'm talking to a child...sheesh! MJ was not a great speedster "usually", he had good speed and incredible stamina. He could hold the speed longer. Do you actually follow track & field?

Comment

unfortunately you seem incapable of grasping that frankie, a 9.86 guy & former 200wc & excellent bend-runner, also ran the "curve of his life" but still was 0.06s behind him at 100m

for mj to outduel him to the 100m point was not due to some nonsense speed-endurance, it was due to having incredible basic speed - speed-endurance may be off some slight benefit at 150 - 200m part of race, NOT the initial 100

a 5th grader can understand this

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
              unfortunately you seem incapable of grasping that frankie, a 9.86 guy & former 200wc & excellent bend-runner, also ran the "curve of his life" but still was 0.06s behind him at 100m

for mj to outduel him to the 100m point was not due to some nonsense speed-endurance, it was due to having incredible basic speed - speed-endurance may be off some slight benefit at 150 - 200m part of race, NOT the initial 100

a 5th grader can understand this
              You really do need to talk with some sprint coachs because you know absolutely nothing about the keys to the 200m. Nobody can run a 100m all out much less a 200m, so now what? Hmmm...let's ...could it be...speed reserve/speed maintenance/speed endurance? There is a reason a guy who could run a WR 400m holds the American record in the 200m. There is a reason no 9.7 sprinter has come remotely close to his 19.32, talking Americans. There is a reason the WR is held by a guy who started out running the 400/200. You see eldrick the 200m is not about blazin' speed, if it were then Bolt would have broken a 200m record held by Tyson Gay or Mo Greene or Donovan Bailey. There is a reason only ..multi talented ...sprinters have held that WR for over 45 years. If you "still" can't handle real life, why am I not surprised? I thought you understood this stuff, it appears you know...0.

Another little gem.....

paste

FACTFILE

USAIN BOLT: Born 21 August, 1986, Jamaica. Won 200m gold at 2003 World Youth Championship and 2005 Central American Championship. First junior to break 20 seconds, clocking 19.93sec in 2004.

RECORD BREAKER: Ran 19.75 to break a 36-year-old national record at the 2007 Jamaican Championship. Took Silver at World Championship in Osaka. Set 100m world record of 9.72 in New York in May in his fifth run in the event.

BEIJING EVENTS: 100m, 200m

Even after Bolt's 9.76 clocking in Kingston, Mills insisted that his athlete – who as a 16-year-old ran 400m in 45.35sec – was "a quarter-mile runner." Indeed, if Mills had had his way, Bolt would have been running one-lap races this season in preparation for a 200m challenge, with a view to moving up later in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                87 posts between the two of you in one 24-hour period. Who did piss the furthest, and was the wind measurement verified?
                I thought they were the same person??

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McCarthy
                  No, they're just the same age. Five, as near as I can tell. :P

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    It's a big old world out there, you have a ton of options...right? Read what interests you, works for me!

Comment

It's a big old world out there, you have a ton of options...right? Read what interests you, works for me!
                      Works for me, too. It happens that what EPelle and Chris McCarthy wrote interested me.

Comment

Works for me, too. It happens that what EPelle and Chris McCarthy wrote interested me.
                        This really isn't about you......honest!

Comment

I know, Texas, it's all about you and and your playmate, eldrick. :P

Comment

You really do need to talk with some sprint coachs because you know absolutely nothing about the keys to the 200m. Nobody can run a 100m all out much less a 200m,
                            i have no idea which coaches you are talking to, but if they come out with nonsense like "nobody can run a 100m flat-out" - they deserve the sack & only a fool woud repeat their statement

you run a 100 flat-out, gun to tape

200m has to be a modified sprint as all out effort can't e maintained for more than 13 or 14s

the key ?

take curve out 0.1 - 0.2s slower than your 100pb + 0.15 - 0.2s for curve, meaning for standard 10.00 guys, you run curve in ~ 10.25 - 10.4s dependent on your 200m ability

There is a reason no 9.7 sprinter has come remotely close to his 19.32, talking Americans.
                            nonsense

a 9.69 guy ran 19.30

You see eldrick the 200m is not about blazin' speed
                            nonsense

apart from mj, the slowest 100m pb as of today of any <19.8 guy is deloach with 10.03, with most in mid-9.8 - mid-9.9 range

in any intelligent poster's eyes, it takes blazing speed to run < 19.8

if it were then Bolt would have broken a 200m record held by Tyson Gay or Mo Greene or Donovan Bailey
                            you seem to be incapable of grasping that not every 100 guy can run a 200, but you pick stupid examples

- tyson 19.62 was 2nd fastest ever at the tme in poor weather

- mo ran 19.86 & won '99wc for 200 - he wasn't as good over 200 as 100,but good enough for a gold

- donovan wasn't interested in the 200 !!!

There is a reason only ..multi talented ...sprinters
                            meaningless phrase

if they run 13.1 for 110h or lj 8.50+ then it means something

Even after Bolt's 9.76 clocking in Kingston, Mills insisted that his athlete – who as a 16-year-old ran 400m in 45.35sec – was "a quarter-mile runner." Indeed, if Mills had had his way, Bolt would have been running one-lap races this season in preparation for a 200m challenge, with a view to moving up later in his career.
                            no disrespect to mills, but this is hogwash

bolt is frightening no one over 400, but he terrifies every 100m guy

if he'd carried out this "masterplan", bolt woudn't have even got a chance at winning the greatest prize in the sport - 100m gold

Comment

I dont think MJ beats Bailey in the 100.
                              Too many other race dynamics in the open 100 vs. a 200 bend.
                              I think if MJ had worked at the 100, learned the race, he definitely goes under 10.
                              ... No doubt in my mind.

Comment

Michael Johnson, for all his greatness (especially as a big-meet performer) seemed to get injured a lot. In fact, I believe he did not run the 4 x 4 in Atlanta because he got injured in the 200.

So, what are the chances that he gets to the 100 final healthy? What are the chances he finishes the 100 final, healthy or not?

Like Icarus, the extra effort of racing 100 (vs. running the first 100 of the 200 [yeah I know the turn puts more stress on your body]) might be enough for MJ to crash and burn.

Just my opinion, it's all speculation, how can you have a right and wrong answer on this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X