Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's US All-comers record for the 300m?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlow
    replied
    Re: Women's US All-comers record for the 300m?

Originally posted by SDavis
    You must be missing one, I suspect the 79 book. Let me know and I will check to see if I have some. Best as always,Scott
    I just looked on the shelf again, and not only am I missing 1979, but I don't have 1981 or 1982 either!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Please do look and see if you've got any of those stashed away, as now my life is meaningless till I get those!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SDavis
    replied

Originally posted by Marlow
    The record is 36.36 by Jackson from 1990. If you had the FAST Annual for 09, you could have just looked it up.
    And you'd also see Marion's 35.68* and Maicel's 36.22+

BTW, the arrival of my FAST Annual today, makes it the 30th consecutive US Annual I've gotten, woo-hoo! But . . . it says that it's the "31st" FAST Annual, but FAST didn't even exist 30 years ago, so what's up with that? I have the original letter of its formation from 1983, so how are we at 31?
    First, you are correct about the * and the + for the other two marks. That is the reason they are not records.

You are right about FAST. I formed the organization in 1983-4 with Don Potts, Stan Eales and Bill Mallon. The first actual FAST Annual was the one we did in 1985. However, the FIRST US Annual was done by Don, Stan and me back in 1979 which had the 78 lists along with the first ever AT Women's lists. So, this edition is #31 of the US Annual. I did take some liberty in referring to it as the FAST Annual, but it is a 31 year run of the US Annual. You must be missing one, I suspect the 79 book. Let me know and I will check to see if I have some. Best as always,
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

The record is 36.36 by Jackson from 1990. If you had the FAST Annual for 09, you could have just looked it up.
    And you'd also see Marion's 35.68* and Maicel's 36.22+

BTW, the arrival of my FAST Annual today, makes it the 30th consecutive US Annual I've gotten, woo-hoo! But . . . it says that it's the "31st" FAST Annual, but FAST didn't even exist 30 years ago, so what's up with that? I have the original letter of its formation from 1983, so how are we at 31?

Leave a comment:

• SDavis
    replied

Originally posted by pela2
    Hi,

When MJ old record (35.68 in Walnut from 2001) was deleted from the lists
    after her drugs ban kicked in, I thought that Grace Jackson's 36.36
    from Azusa Pacific Invitational in 1990 become the new US All-comers record.

Now I have heard from a new source that the 36.36 was a 36.46!
    Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the case, Lillie Leatherwood's 36.37 from 1992
    (also from Azusa) should be the current US All-commers record.

Leave a comment:

• James Fields
    replied
    "Unsure the source of this list..."

Scroll to bottom of that source, then click on Previous which may help.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Unsure the source of this list, but one carried the mark as 36,36:

http://www.talawah.com/TRKWNBST.HTM

Leave a comment:

• pela2
    replied
    Still no input here? :shock:

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Anyone who knows this off the top of his head, please move to the head of the class. :shock:

Leave a comment:

• pela2
    started a topic Women's US All-comers record for the 300m?

Women's US All-comers record for the 300m?

Hi,

When MJ old record (35.68 in Walnut from 2001) was deleted from the lists
    after her drugs ban kicked in, I thought that Grace Jackson's 36.36
    from Azusa Pacific Invitational in 1990 become the new US All-comers record.

Now I have heard from a new source that the 36.36 was a 36.46!
    Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the case, Lillie Leatherwood's 36.37 from 1992
    (also from Azusa) should be the current US All-commers record.
Working...
X