Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Date

She won three Olympic gold medals (and one silver) and he has one bronze Olympic medal. She is 52 today (Wednesday) while he is 39 this day. She was born in Louisiana and he was born in New York. Both attended Pac-Ten schools. Who are our birthday athletes today?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Griffith_Joyner

I know the other birthday athlete too, but I'll let someone else have the fun. 8-)

Comment

Nope. She was born in December.

Comment

Well then, how about...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Huffins

8-)

oops on F-G-J

I did figure out who the female birthday athlete is, but see if anyone else can come up with the name.

Comment

OK, jkoregon. It is Chris Huffins. He turns 39 today. I believe Chris is now coaching at Boise State in Idaho. Happy birthday, Chris.

Now, who is the female athlete?

Hint: She ran on two Olympic gold medal relay teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Double R Bar

Now, who is the female athlete?

Hint: She ran on two Olympic gold medal relay teams.
            another hint..

The first part of last name is a type of tree; the last part of her last name can be mistaken for an auto company.

Comment

Sounds like Ashford to me.

Comment

You got it, tandfman. Happy birthday today to Evelyn Ashford. Hard to believe Evelyn is 52 today. Had Flo Jo not run in Seoul, Evelyn would have two consecutive Olympic golds in the 100.

Comment

You got it, tandfman. Happy birthday today to Evelyn Ashford. Hard to believe Evelyn is 52 today. Had Flo Jo not run in Seoul, Evelyn would have two consecutive Olympic golds in the 100.
                  He didn't get it.

JK gave it to him.

Tree and auto company... :? :roll:

No offense tandf...I mean I guess you did get it.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

He didn't get it.

JK gave it to him.

Tree and auto company... :? :roll:

No offense tandf...I mean I guess you did get it.
                    He does deserve credit.
                    There were plenty of wrong answers.

Yewtroller
                    Willowtrabant
                    Elmedsel

to name a few. :lol: 8-)

Comment

Heike might have seen that differently..

Comment

Ashford beat Drechsler in the Seoul 100. I know Drechsler didn't run in Los Angeles, but I doubt she would have defeated Ashford in that final.

Comment

Ashford beat Heike in a toss-up situation where both runners were (assumably) affected by
                          Flo-Jo's performance---and Nuneva's! For most of the race they looked like competitors for
                          third place. Remove Flo-Jo and there really is no telling who would have beat whom.

Having subsequently re-watched the race you-know-where, I will even raise my original
                          bid: Nuneva does not have to chase Flo-Jo, is not injured, and wins comfortably; Heike
                          beats Ashford for second; and Ashford _drops_ one place to third...
                          (Obviously, slightly tongue-in-cheek, with too many if's and but's, but the point is:
                          There is absolutely no guarantee that Ashford would have won in 1988 sans Flo-Jo.)

Comment

You're right. I should say, remove Flo Jo from the results in 1988 and Ashford is the winner. Just like removing Linford Christie from the 1993 results in Stuttgart and the U.S. has a 1-2-3 sweep of the 100.

Comment

Working...
                            X