Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, if you think this Hollywood version of a sports film was bad, you should see the movie about Seabiscuit when you know the history behind it. One of my racing partners co-produced the film and I kept telling him what the screen writer was doing, but these people are never going to let the truth get in the way of a good story. Any movie on a subject about which somebody has a clue will inevitably be difficult to watch. Which is why I have never read more than half of one of those jackass mysterles by the former jump jockey Dick Francis, whose wife was supposed to be the actual writer anyway!
    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Originally posted by mrbowie
      Hey, if you think this Hollywood version of a sports film was bad, you should see the movie about Seabiscuit when you know the history behind it. One of my racing partners co-produced the film and I kept telling him what the screen writer was doing, but these people are never going to let the truth get in the way of a good story. Any movie on a subject about which somebody has a clue will inevitably be difficult to watch. Which is why I have never read more than half of one of those jackass mysterles by the former jump jockey Dick Francis, whose wife was supposed to be the actual writer anyway!
      how can you post the above without a link to the "truth" about Seabiscuit !...

oh, nevermind, just checked out...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/merron/030828.html

I find most of the differences tedious criticism... both the real and the reel were really great.
      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
        Originally posted by Per Andersen
        Originally posted by Texas
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

While having nothing to do with the film...

GB put Abrahams on the leadoff leg of their 4x1 team. Yes they thougt with the lead.... Anyway, high schooler Francis Hussey from the USA blew the champ away giving the yanks a two meter advantage they would never lose.
        You don't miss an opportunity to repeat this fairy tale but it does not make it true.

The relay race was close until the Brits blew it in the last exchange and the Americans won by about 1.5 meters.
        USA won 41.0-41.2

This from...The Complete Book of the Olympics

"Francis Hussey from Stuyvesant High School in New York City beat 100 meter gold medalist Harold Abraham by two yards."
        And this from TFN's Olympic TF. "In fact it was a close race until the end of the 3d.leg..."

Comment

Working...
        X