Two Olympians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Olympians

Today (Sunday) we say happy birthday to two Olympians. One is a man while the other is a woman. The woman turns 49 today and the man is 43 this day. The man won an Olympic gold medal and is still the world record holder in his event. The woman has won silver and bronze Olympic medals. Actually, the man has a silver Olympic medal as well. No more hints because you know both athletes very well. Who are our birthday athletes today?

Merlene Ottey and Jonathan Edwards
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

each of these also had, to my eye at least, the same aesthetic appeal in their respective events. An otherworldly grace and fluidity. Very very rare individuals. If athletes can give something bigger than a distance or a time or a place then these two certainly did.
      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Very good Powell and happy birthday today to Merlene Ottey and Jonathan Edwards. Merlene came so close to winning the Olympic gold medal, but couldn't do it. I thought Jonathan Edwards would win the gold medal in Atlanta, but nobody would beat Kenny Harrison that day.

Comment

Working...
        X