Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would play Gerry Lingren in a movie about his life?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would play Gerry Lingren in a movie about his life?

Morton Downey jr is the first actor that comes to mind for me.His life story is amazing,and would make a great movie.

Re: Who would play Gerry Lingren in a movie about his life?

Christopher Lloyd?

Comment

The kid that was the pushy nerd on the ED Tv show and now does the MAC commercials

Comment

Alfalfa

http://blog.bernardgomez.com/wp-cont...3/alfalfa.jpeg

Comment

Re: Who would play Gerry Lingren in a movie about his life?

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
          Morton Downey jr is the first actor that comes to mind for me.
          Really? That's quite an unusual choice...

Comment

What exactly is so amazing about Lindgren's life?
            Sure he had a few amazing races, in 1964-5, then a few years later, became famous for running 300 mile weeks. Then runs off from his wife and kids. Does some coaching in Hawaii...

We have had a similar discussion before.

Comment

That's the stuff that makes for good fodder for the True Movies producers.

Comment

That lady cop in the movie Fargo.
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  That's the stuff that makes for good fodder for the True Movies producers.
                  Only if he had murdered his wife and kids. As the local Drew Peterson saga shows, that is where he interest is. But just running off...no.

Comment

Probably doesn't make much difference who plays the part. I suspect there are gazillons of American who have no idea who Lingren was/is and, as Conor says, he hasn't done anything remarkable in the human interest sense lately .. or ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                      Sure he had a few amazing races, in 1964-5, ...
                      May not be anything amazing about his life, but, whoa! let's see, after '65 he won 11/12 NCAA titles he tried for and set an American Record in the 3M and two in the 5000. As noted in a tally of headlines I made a few years back, he was more in the news in T&FN during the '60s than anyone but Ryun.

How quickly they forget!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        Originally posted by Conor Dary
                        Sure he had a few amazing races, in 1964-5, ...
                        May not be anything amazing about his life, but, whoa! let's see, after '65 he won 11/12 NCAA titles he tried for and set an American Record in the 3M and two in the 5000. As noted in a tally of headlines I made a few years back, he was more in the news in T&FN during the '60s than anyone but Ryun.

How quickly they forget!
                        I am well aware of the aspects of GL running awesome achievements. As I noted in 64, 65 pretty amazing. 8:40 indoors in high school, 6th in Tokyo, pushing Clarke in history's first sub 13.....etc. 6 mile WR....

If you want to make a documentary of that period of Lindgren...Great!!. But his whole life.... I don't think so....Let's see...Scene 34 where GL goes out for a 60 mile training run....zzzzz. A murder in there, maybe....

Now David Mack and his shenanigans....There is a movie.

Comment

I dunno, Lindgren had that early experience with the Russians in 1964 and then after college he pretty much disappeared from sight for several years. More elusive than Bobby Fischer. Could be he went underground to infiltrate the KGB back in those Cold War years and then re-emerged later in Hawaii. Are we certain that the man known as Gerry Lindgren now is really the same kid who ran those amazing times so young? Could he be a Russian look-alike mole? I'd say the odds are good that GL is an international man of mystery with a huge backstory.

Of course we know that as a child he DID portray Alfalfa on the later Our Gang comedies when the original child actor had grown too old to fit the role. And, when he was competing in college races with his glasses on, GL bore a more than coincidental resemblance to the allegedly deceased Buddy Holly (see the pic linked below). Maybe Gary Busey should star in the Lindgren film. All this requires Matt Marriott to evaluate the larger implications of the whole situation and the place that the Illuminati might occupy in a bio-pic about GL.

http://www2.localaccess.com/rlalonde/Pre/pre&lin2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                            I dunno, Lindgren had that early experience with the Russians in 1964 and then after college he pretty much disappeared from sight for several years. More elusive than Bobby Fischer. Could be he went underground to infiltrate the KGB back in those Cold War years and then re-emerged later in Hawaii. Are we certain that the man known as Gerry Lindgren now is really the same kid who ran those amazing times so young? Could he be a Russian look-alike mole? I'd say the odds are good that GL is an international man of mystery with a huge backstory.

Of course we know that as a child he DID portray Alfalfa on the later Our Gang comedies when the original child actor had grown too old to fit the role. And, when he was competing in college races with his glasses on, GL bore a more than coincidental resemblance to the allegedly deceased Buddy Holly (see the pic linked below). Maybe Gary Busey should star in the Lindgren film. All this requires Matt Marriott to evaluate the larger implications of the whole situation and the place that the Illuminati might occupy in a bio-pic about GL.

http://www2.localaccess.com/rlalonde/Pre/pre&lin2.jpg
                            Love it! It's lack of imagination if you don't see a movie script in the Gerry Lindgen story.
                            Get David Lynch on it :!:

Comment

Lindgren movie

". . . he was more in the news in T&FN during the '60s than anyone but Ryun."
                              -----------
                              For dramatic conflict, a movie staple, there was little Lindgren successfully defying NCAA threats while bigger persons and institutions withered.

Because the issue was selection / composition of USA team vs Russia it drew attention of federal lawmakers (U.S. Congess) thereby expanding the story beyond sport pages. That David vs. Goliath angle should be central to the script of any planned movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X