Clear All

• Kansas T&F All-Time Best Lists

The Kansas T&F All-Time Best Lists can be found at:

www.geocities.com/kansastrackandfield/home
    WDH

or go straight to their media guide

http://www.kuathletics.com/auto_pdf/p_h ... -section05

Comment

It is a shame that some people post while being clueless.

These lists are for ALL native Kansas athletes, regardless if or where they went to college. Your assumption about it being specific to the U. of KS is erroneous.

Furthermore, the KU media guide is full of errors, to include (a). converting Jim Ryun's 1:44.9 880y to 1:43.69 800m, (b) showing manual/hand times in 100th's of a second, believing that they were FAT, and (c). including wind aided marks.
      WDH

Comment

Originally posted by wdh007
        It is a shame that some people post while being clueless.
        Agreed!

Comment

Sandra Myers is the all-time Kansas leader (and by a wide margin) in 5 events - 100m, 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles, and the LJ - very impressive!

Comment

Thanks for the list, I always wondered about this stuff, didn't know my step-dad (John Mason) ever ran a steeple (8:48).

Love the mile depth, we (Kansas) must have one of the deepest sub-4 lists of any state (Oregon/California better I'd presume).

Rog

Comment

Great list!

On the topic of mistakes in the KU media guide, it's my understanding that the Maupintour Classic where Brent Steiner ran his 29:23 was a road race.

Comment

Originally posted by rogflash
                Love the mile depth, we (Kansas) must have one of the deepest sub-4 lists of any state (Oregon/California better I'd presume).

Rog
                Kansas stands #13 on the sub-4 producing list (based on where athlete graduated from high school) through the 2008 season:

CA 44
                NY 29
                OR 19
                TX 16
                WA 16
                IL 15
                OH 13
                NJ 12
                VA 12
                MI 11
                MN 11
                PA 11
                KS 10

Interesting that Kansas has a lot of older efforts on the list. In fact as of 1/1/1975 the top of the list was:

CA 8
                NY 7
                OR 7
                KS 6
                PA 5
                WA 5
                IL 4
                TX 4
                OH 3

Comment

Wow. Only four more for KS high school graduates in the following 24 years? Have Kansans decided to drop to the 800m and/or move up to the 5.000m?

Comment

Working...
                  X