Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed! (with D.O.Bs)

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend, Michael Rabinovich - he's the guy who runs the extremely helpful site: http://trackfield.brinkster.net - I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.

Anyway, Michael has been updating and expanding his database and is hoping to add even more information to it all. However, he's missing the dates-of-birth for many athletes he has in his database.

I've helped him out with some British athletes, but I don't have the in-depth stats available to help out with many of the American and other European athletes.

I've uploaded an Excel file to my server, which can be downloaded at the following address:

http://stuff.runjumpthrow.com/DOBMiss.xls

If any of you can take some time to download it, take a look through it and then fill in the blanks (preferably by posting them here), then both Michael and I will be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

Jon

Re: Help needed! (with D.O.Bs)

Comment

Cheers, Rob.

Here's the list of German athletes (the year at the end indicates the year they were ranked in the top-ten for their event):

Roswitha Walden - GDR - 100mH - 1974
      Maria Hertneck - FRG - 100m - 1951
      Hildegard Luhmann - GER - 100m - 1947

Out of the 763 listed in the document, there's only three German athletes!! Oh well, if you have the DOBs for these, that would be great.

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

Comment

Cheers for that Rob, much appreciated.

Re: Hildegard Luhmann, I don't know if she changed her name later on, but she ran 12.2 in 1947, which was 6th fastest in the world that year, if that's any help...?

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

If there weren't 14 gazillion Americans I'd break out my FAST Annuals and do it. Do you not yearly have copies of this invaluable stat reference?

Comment

Comment

I have ATFS annuals from 1986 onwards. Trying to get ATFS or FAST annuals from the 40's, 50's and 60's is pretty difficult and expensive, and the info in them wouldn't interest me as much as, say a late-80's ATFS annual.

Comment

If you need year of birth only, for younger US athletes, Jack Shepard's US HS annuals can be of use. But only the yob is there, not dob.

Comment

Why on earth do you want to post the dates of birth on this board? Its not of any interest - keep it between yourselves.

No offence but you might need to get out more son - you must post 50 messages on the IAAF boards a week, and I saw your 'what country has the best decathlon scores topic' that you posted in the middle of the night - why?

Comment

No offence but you might need to
                      >get out more son - you must post 50 messages on the IAAF boards a week, and I
                      >saw your 'what country has the best decathlon scores topic' that you posted in
                      >the middle of the night - why?

And I suppose you have nothing better to do than to count Jon's messages on the IAAF Forum and write down the times of day when he posts them ? ;-)
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

>No offence but you might need to
                        >get out more son - you must post 50 messages
                        >on the IAAF boards a week, and I
                        >saw your 'what country has the best
                        >decathlon scores topic' that you posted in
                        >the middle of the night -
                        >why?

And I suppose you have nothing better to do than to count Jon's
                        >messages on the IAAF Forum and write down the times of day when he posts them ?
                        >;-)

In addition to Powell's good point:

The reason I started this topic was to help a friend out, who is looking for the DOBs of the athletes on that list. Instead of having people email all their findings to me, it would be much easier if they just posted them here and then I can collate them all at once.

I post a lot of messages on these forums because I'm online a lot - it's all part of the job (web designer/graphic designer).

More importantly: WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH??

BTW - I have a fair idea of who you REALLY are....

Comment

OG2004

Jon clearly states why he wanted the dates and it's a worthy cause if he's helping out the guy behind the fantastic trackfield.brinkster site. I've already wound him up about his strange nocturnal preferences but in the spirit of taking the mick, not being rude. He's a true fan and we should encourage more teenagers here, not insult them. At least he has an excuse for being on-line so much, unlike probably 90% of the rest of us! (damn, there's my boss, gotta go)

Comment

>OG2004

Jon clearly states why he wanted the dates and it's a worthy cause if
                            >he's helping out the guy behind the fantastic trackfield.brinkster site. I've
                            >already wound him up about his strange nocturnal preferences but in the spirit
                            >of taking the mick, not being rude. He's a true fan and we should encourage
                            >more teenagers here, not insult them. At least he has an excuse for being
                            >on-line so much, unlike probably 90% of the rest of us! (damn, there's my boss,
                            >gotta go)

Cheers mark.

OG2004 - That reminds me - Yes, I am normally online late, but all my lectures are in the afternoon and I work freelance hours to suit myself, so I've got myself into a late-morning; late-night kinda pattern.

...not that you're even worth explaining all of this to...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X