prep high jump trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prep high jump trivia

the Stat Corner that you'll see in the magazine in a week or so is about what a good year this is for the boys

<<Prep high jumpers have had better years than this one in the mass-performance, but not often. With many major State meets and the big invites yet to come, ’09 has equaled the record for most over 7-3 (4), is =No. 2 for 7-2s (9) & 7-1s (17) and =No. 5 for 7-footers (36).>>

then there's a chart with numbers over all the barriers since the first 7-footer in.....???

Nah, that's too easy, that's not the trivia question.

The question(s): who was first outdoors, who was first indoors?

no-peeky!

here's a clue: beetween them, the two guys scored 1 point total in the NCAA Championships, indicating once again how poor a predictor of later success prep heroics can be.

wow.... 2 hours, couple of dozen views and no guesses even... I better be thinking about some clues!

How about Hillary Rodham?

Comment

Bill McClendon, nyc jumper comes to mind. guessing outdoors?
      Maybe Rudy Rivas indoors?

Comment

Re: prep high jump trivia

Originally posted by gh
        indicating once again how poor a predictor of later success prep heroics can be.
        Not to send this thread in the 'wrong' direction, but should we attribute this more to mental or physical changes? I can see 'problems' with female physique changes, but males should continue to get stronger (or do they just get too heavy for their strength-to-weight ratio?). Certainly for everyone, there is an enormous change in priorities after age 18, so the desire (motivation to work hard) wanes. I've also seen what happens when the big fish leaves the small pond and isn't the focus of so much attention. Sometimes it's just leaving a loved coach. I know every case is different, but it happens SOOOO often, there must be a least common denominator there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
          Bill McClendon, nyc jumper comes to mind. guessing outdoors?
          Maybe Rudy Rivas indoors?
          Your memory is probably trying to dredge up Bill McClellon, but I don't think he's the answer.

Comment

ahhh, but he is.... the Hillary clue was for him... why?

Comment

ok, McClellon must have went to (Dewitt) Clinton HS?
              Have no idea if or where he went to college?

Comment

I wanna say he went to Southern. The other guy got the sole NCAA point. What clue can I give for him?

Hmmm..... Went on to be an NCAA head coach and coached an Olympic medalist in another event who didn't go to his school.

Comment

Whoever gets this, I'll tip my hat .

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    I wanna say he went to Southern. The other guy got the sole NCAA point. What clue can I give for him?

Hmmm..... Went on to be an NCAA head coach and coached an Olympic medalist in another event who didn't go to his school.
                    Ooh, me, me, call on me!!!!

Comment

no pros allowed!

Comment

A possible clue for the other one (if I'm right).. ___ Corleone,... President
                        Franklin....... (I had to peek, in old TFN annual..)

Comment

No it wasn't Vito Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by bf
                            A possible clue for the other one (if I'm right).. ___ Corleone,... President
                            Franklin....... (I had to peek, in old TFN annual..)
                            That makes it too easy:

Don Pierce.

I remember the name, but not that he was the 1st 7 footer. Just responding to your hints, no more.

Comment

who did Don Pierce coach?

(as in..... NOT)

Comment

Working...
                              X