Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Presidential Cross Country

I agree. I am guilty of this as well; perhaps my political support for the president has led me to praise his running abilities a bit too highly.

There is no reason why political views should intrude on a discussion of his running ability.

Comment

Re: Presidential Cross Country

>I agree. I am guilty of this as well; perhaps my political support for the
      >president has led me to praise his running abilities a bit too highly.
      >

There is no reason why political views should intrude on a discussion of
      >his running ability.

Glad to hear you say this, since MY comments indicated nothing of ANY political view, just the real world of political image.

Photo-ops are contrived to create an image; during this period, the White House image priority was one of youth and leadership. Running a 5km. (faster than Jim Ryun!) would certainly fit into this goal nicely.
      Clinton did the same. So did Bush senior and Carter.
      The master, of course, was the former actor Reagan.

Politics aside, this is how it goes. The trick is to sort through the bullsh*t (exactly what it all is) before voting.

And for the record, many people who voted for the "compassionate conservative" last time around are now asking what happened to that guy they thought they were electing. (Same with Clinton on the backpedalling with gays in the military, health care, etc.--another political thread.)

Maybe that sub sevens' effort is quite symbolic. YOU decide...next November.

Comment

Working...
      X