Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
    I think you lonepoof and breyers need to get glasses.Mary had the inside of the track when zola thud starts stumbling.If you really knew your history, it wasnt the first time zola had problems like that in a race

Breyers?

Someone brought ice cream...?

Comment

William, by any slight chance is your REAL last name Marriott?

Comment

Forget the ABC sanitized version of the Budd-Decker race. Check out the super-secret Zapruder film where a co-conspirator actually shoots MD from the stands. Budd stepping to the side is her attempt to get out of the way of the bullet.

Comment

It is surprising that Budd's brillant and careful plan to trip Decker, backfired and in the end ruined Budd's race also.

Very strange because i know Budd had practiced her tactic to trip Decker over and over in front of her coach and it was filmed.

I have seen the film and it's pretty interesting that Budd spent more time perfecting the trip then she did training!
          phsstt!

Comment

Scuse me, what was the question again? :?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              Scuse me, what was the question again? :?
              Will= Matt Marriot?
              phsstt!

Comment

Nah, Matt is in a class all his own.. but Will is working on it.

Comment

Yawning :roll: you guys mst of got your jokes from the Marx Brothers.corny

Comment

Your reasoning and humour seem to strongly resemble someone like Al Bundy, though I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                      Yawning :roll: you guys mst of got your jokes from the Marx Brothers.corny
                      It was not a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                        Your reasoning and humour seem to strongly resemble someone like Al Bundy, though I can't exactly put my finger on why.
                        Originally posted by Daisy
                        It was not a joke.
                        What a beautiful convergence of a Hegelian synthesis. You two seem to contradict yourselves, yet you speak in a harmonious unison.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Congratulations! That was the first time that anyone has used the word Hegelian on these message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                            Forget the ABC sanitized version of the Budd-Decker race. Check out the super-secret Zapruder film where a co-conspirator actually shoots MD from the stands. Budd stepping to the side is her attempt to get out of the way of the bullet.
                            I knew it! I was just embarrassed to say anything! :wink:

Comment

[quote=Peter Henderson]
                              Originally posted by "Conor Dary":1tsye9lm
                              I knew it! I was just embarrassed to say anything! :wink:[/quote:1tsye9lm]

I was there in '84, and I can't picture where the grassy knoll was.....Nor can I imagine that Zola, as brilliant an athlete as she was, might be capable of dodging bullets....although she did have to become adept at dodging Brits...

Comment

To get back to the topic at hand...I don't think Budd had any intention to trip Mary... when runners are in a tight pack, such an accident can easily happen. I'm surprised that there wasn't more bumping, spiking in the 5000m races in the NCAA.

One thing I am most sure of is that, barring the incident that took MS out, she would have won handily. I have to smile when people say Puica would have won anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X