Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Mary has left a bar, which no american woman distance runner has be able to jump.

Leave a comment:

• Dutra
    replied
    Originally posted by lovetorun
    You may be saying the hate thing with tongue in check, but I'm one guy who admires her...and likes her. We all have our warts and dysfunctions...it's no reason to hate or even dislike someone.

She is probably the most talented USA distance runner ever...and I admire her for going on for many years with all the injuries and surgeries she suffered.
    I can read the venom between the lines.

Leave a comment:

• lovetorun
    replied
    You may be saying the hate thing with tongue in check, but I'm one guy who admires her...and likes her. We all have our warts and dysfunctions...it's no reason to hate or even dislike someone.

She is probably the most talented USA distance runner ever...and I admire her for going on for many years with all the injuries and surgeries she suffered.

Leave a comment:

• Dutra
    replied
    Originally posted by lovetorun

One thing I am most sure of is that, barring the incident that took MS out, she would have won handily. I have to smile when people say Puica would have won anyway.
    I would agree but I'm a guy and, as anyone who pays attention knows, men HATE Mary Slaney.

Leave a comment:

• lovetorun
    replied
    To get back to the topic at hand...I don't think Budd had any intention to trip Mary... when runners are in a tight pack, such an accident can easily happen. I'm surprised that there wasn't more bumping, spiking in the 5000m races in the NCAA.

One thing I am most sure of is that, barring the incident that took MS out, she would have won handily. I have to smile when people say Puica would have won anyway.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    [quote=Peter Henderson]
    Originally posted by "Conor Dary":1tsye9lm
    Forget the ABC sanitized version of the Budd-Decker race. Check out the super-secret Zapruder film where a co-conspirator actually shoots MD from the stands. Budd stepping to the side is her attempt to get out of the way of the bullet.
    I knew it! I was just embarrassed to say anything! :wink:[/quote:1tsye9lm]

I was there in '84, and I can't picture where the grassy knoll was.....Nor can I imagine that Zola, as brilliant an athlete as she was, might be capable of dodging bullets....although she did have to become adept at dodging Brits...

Leave a comment:

• Peter Henderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    Forget the ABC sanitized version of the Budd-Decker race. Check out the super-secret Zapruder film where a co-conspirator actually shoots MD from the stands. Budd stepping to the side is her attempt to get out of the way of the bullet.
    I knew it! I was just embarrassed to say anything! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Congratulations! That was the first time that anyone has used the word Hegelian on these message boards.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Your reasoning and humour seem to strongly resemble someone like Al Bundy, though I can't exactly put my finger on why.
    Originally posted by Daisy
    It was not a joke.
    What a beautiful convergence of a Hegelian synthesis. You two seem to contradict yourselves, yet you speak in a harmonious unison.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
    Yawning :roll: you guys mst of got your jokes from the Marx Brothers.corny
    It was not a joke.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Your reasoning and humour seem to strongly resemble someone like Al Bundy, though I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Yawning :roll: you guys mst of got your jokes from the Marx Brothers.corny

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Nah, Matt is in a class all his own.. but Will is working on it.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    Scuse me, what was the question again? :?
    Will= Matt Marriot?

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Scuse me, what was the question again? :?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X