Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John G
    replied
    I'm glad she finally recognises that Budd was not totally to blame ............... she also now blames her own coach :? .

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Running the risk of gettie Willie all stirred up again, I thought the front-page interview with Mary was very nice.....good stuff !

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
    You said this is not a blog, well its whatever I or anyone else wants it to be.

It's not. What's the difference between a one-way and two-way street? But feel free to argue with dictionary.com:

blog (blŏg)
    n. A weblog.
    intr.v. blogged, blog·ging, blogs
    To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog.

message board
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: an Internet-based forum for an interest group; also called bulletin board, discussion board, interactive message board
    Example: Message boards usually offer chat, email, and ability to share documents.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Would I want mary or Ben to coach my kids, no because I am my kids coach :wink:

I'm not sure if you honestly don't understand the context of the question or are simply sidestepping it and playing dumb.

Either way, this thread has probably run it's course; I see you've created new ones to inform and annoy.

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Whats a flumpy? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    You are a dinosaur who couldnt beat Mary in a hair contest
    Don't listen to them, Will. Only a first class poet can write this sentence. They are just jealous. Let's see, if you can top this.
    What's a hair contest???

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Brian, I dont have to throw hissy fits because 80 percent of the people on here do that.The problem is that people can dish it out, but :roll: You said this is not a blog, well its whatever I or anyone else wants it to be.Would I want mary or Ben to coach my kids, no because I am my kids coach :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    First of all I could care Less what you call me.You set it off,so I continued it.Second of all, what do my kids have to do with this thread ?That is the problem.I wrote a thread as a opinion and all the other bs starts.How old are you? :lol:

First off, writing you could care less means you care a lot. Couldn't care less means it doesn't matter to you. Nothing personal, I'm not picking on you, as many people make that mistake. [This is the one grammatical thing of our culture I'm trying to change. Call it a pet peeve.]

Regarding the boldface: Unless you somehow find the short form of William (i.e., "Willie") derogatory, YOU began the name-calling, bud. Go back and look.

Regarding the mention of kids: On your companion thread about how wonderful Mary Slaney was and how the sport needs her, you floated an idea that she would be a good coach. My question concerns would you want someone who failed a drug test to coach your own children, and if yes to Mary (by stating she would be a good coach you have already said as much), why or why not the person who is arguably the most famous drug cheater of all, Ben Johnson? Johnson, by the way, actually has coaching experience; after being banned as an athlete, he coached in Saudi Arabia (if memory holds true). This puts him ahead of Slaney as far as coaching experience.

But would you trust him managing the career--and life--of your children? Would you trust anyone who failed a drug test? If no, then why would you want Slaney to coach?

On this thread and several others you have a tendency to give your opinion and then throw a hissy-fit the second anyone disagrees with you. By the time this particular thread came around, lots of people were maybe not cutting you as much slack as in the past and were a little quicker to ridicule. Fine; maybe we shouldn't have done that. But you did earn that a little.

This is a message board, not a personal blogosphere. If you want to rant, fine. Go blog somewhere. But if you are going to put out an opinion, the very learned people on this board--most of whom are/were athletes, coaches, officials, race directors, by the way--are going to argue your generalized assertions.

You, like everyone else are entitled to an opinion. But be prepared for dissenting opinions and people questioning a generalized comment. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    First of all I could care Less what you call me.You set it off,so I continued it.Second of all, what do my kids have to do with this thread ?That is the problem.I wrote a thread as a opinion and all the other bs starts.How old are you? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Brian refered to me as willie-boy.Where I come from, calling a grown man boy is considered racist

...Or it could mean you are continually speaking and acting like an immature fool.

Ya t'ink?

Oh, and for the record, I referred to you only as "Willie" ("Question for Willie:" --you find that degrading?) until AFTER the first "Briana." Then it became "Willie-boy." [See above.]

You earned it fair and square, so don't try playing the victim after the fact.

As you've proven with your rock-solid conclusions about an event that possibly happened before you were even born, you really enjoy rewriting history!

So, you have no problem with Mary Slaney coaching; would you allow Ben Johnson to coach your children?

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Okay Mary got lucky twice against the russians.Everybody knows Mary was the greatest distance runner of that time.By you saying she got lucky shows your haterism.Lucky? :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by jhc68
    And what kind of talent is willjr talking about?
    World class talent. William is world class. Kuhua, not so much.

As to what talent, that's anyones guess.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    Kuhua, it doesnt take talent to belittle someone who has no talent.
    Does this mean that willjr is the one with no talent that is being belittled? Or is willjr saying that he (willjr) has no talent and is belittling Brian, who also has no talent?

And what kind of talent is willjr talking about?

Anyone? Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Al... Bundy... I think that was it.
    Except Al Bundy spoke in coherent sentences.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2
    I always recall the big L.A . Times headline "IS ZOLA GUILTY?"
    William writes for the LA Times?
    Perhaps williamwindhamSr. owned the L.A. Times...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X