• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kuha
    replied
    Originally posted by EastBayprepoftheweek67
    Have my copy in my lap.

Outside margin is 23 cm, inside is 14 cm. Don't recall any problems in reading it.

Of course, I bought mine from Lee, directly.
    Excellent--that's what I needed to know...I have a faulty copy...thanks.

Leave a comment:

• EastBayprepoftheweek67
    replied
    Have my copy in my lap.

Outside margin is 23 cm, inside is 14 cm. Don't recall any problems in reading it.

Of course, I bought mine from Lee, directly.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    I hear ya. I've been involved in about 20 books & catalogues, some of up to ca. 600 pages each...There is alot that can get goofed up, particularly if you're doing a press check at 2:00am, after a day on press that began at 6:30am...oy...

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    No, I don't have a copy of this book but I have published about five million copies of seven books and the percentage of "bads" and "hurts" is higher than the uninitiated would suspect. There is no way every copy can be inspected before shipping from the printer and not all are caught by the distributor but should be caught by a retailer. I cannot imagine a reputable retailer or direct market seller refusing to replace a defective copy.

When I was actively publishing, I was shocked at the number of copies the distributor rejected and asked to see examples. Some were truly bad but so many of them had only minor defects that I hired HS boys to cull /salvage them and sold them on a secondary market which did not affect mainline sales.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    I doubt this is deliberate design. First determine if this is this is an anomaly.
    I agree; I can't believe it's deliberate. I posted the question here hoping to get an answer on the uniqueness of my copy. Don't you have one???

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I doubt this is deliberate design. First determine if this is this is an anomaly. The problem may be in the binding process, which may or may not be done by the printer. If the problem is widespread, first you ask for a replacement copy, then, if none is forthcoming, you shoot the publisher/distributor for releasing it in that format.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    started a topic Question about Frank Murphy's Lee Evans book

Question about Frank Murphy's Lee Evans book

Feedback from anyone who has this--"The Last Protest--on the shelf would be appreciated...

The pages of my copy of this book have very wide outside margins and no inner margins whatever--on each page, the text runs all the way into the gutter, making it a true pain in the arse to read.

Do I have a mis-trimmed or -bound copy, or are they all this way? If I have a defective copy, I'll order another. If this is just the way the book is, I recommend shooting the designer.
Working...
X