Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOHN WALKER

I am proud to share a link to the great honor for the world's greatest ever miler - John Walker. John has been ill for many years but is still fighting strong. Please share with the NZ press if you can your love for john walker.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/athletics/new ... mailfriend

Athletics: Sporting body's recognition 'a pinnacle' for Walker
    4:00AM Saturday Jul 25, 2009
    Wolfie Lives

Re: John Walker

Thank's for the post. May be John Walker is not the greaest miler ever, but he is surely one of the greatest. I posted a link in relation to his knightwood recently. He was my hero at the time. He demonsrated a sporting power and a mentality how to fight with a terrible illness later. Great man, I admire him. I believe he will be remembred as one of the sporting greats. Glad to see that Arch Jelley is still alive and is recognized for his tremendous achievements.

Comment

Re: John Walker

Originally posted by PZhelev
      Thank's for the post. May be John Walker is not the greaest miler ever, but he is surely one of the greatest. I posted a link in relation to his knightwood recently. He was my hero at the time. He demonsrated a sporting power and a mentality how to fight with a terrible illness later. Great man, I admire him. I believe he will be remembred as one of the sporting greats. Glad to see that Arch Jelley is still alive and is recognized for his tremendous achievements.
      I think he is the greatest ever for two reasons:

World Rercord under the mark that no one would ever think would happen.
      Gold Medal.

The dude was a horse. I was in Auckland for his 100th sub 4. I had gone down to do a story on John, Flynn, Theriot that were living at john's place for a month in 1985....my favorite was john and boys running at wanganui on grass...i think 5 laps to the mile and all go under 4..on grass!!!!!!

John was a favorite by all meet promoters...from big daddy andy norman to Sven arne to Diosnesi......

Walker is a just plain stud
      Wolfie Lives

Comment

this could take you to amazing trails

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 006&ref=mf

check out this bad boy
        Wolfie Lives

Comment

The name ``Theriot'' has been dropped repeatedly lately. However,
          I am unable to find any relevant person on the net.

At the risk of sounding ignorant: Who is he?

Comment

Brian Theriot - I think.

Wasn't Scott the 1st to run 100 sub 4's? Per the article, it said it was Walker.

hank

Comment

Walker, then Scott.

Comment

Working...
              X