Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oly trivia.. another...

From 1956-92, in which event was there ONLY ONE non-world-record-holding gold medalist.

Re: Oly trivia.. another...

Women's LJ - Tatyana Kolpakova was the only one (Vera Krepkina was a WR holder in the 100 meters, though not in LJ).
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Kolpakova and Drechsler('92) weren't WR holders.

Comment

Super guess,though! Including 'former wr-holders', Women's LJ would be right!

Comment

(wording is so important in trivia questions... I meant CURRENT WR-holder. ..including OG mark, ratified)

Comment

Oh, OK, I wasn't clear on that...

Comment

On rereading my question, I should congratulate you on a really good CORRECT answer - coming up with Krepkina as WR-holder in another event. (.. okay, what is the other, easier, answer?)

Comment

I've gone through all the other events and can't find any that would fit the description... :-(

Comment

Dang! I just realized I didn't have my facts straight.. sorry. I was thinking of 400mH, but forgot 1980 (as many of us might. Volker Beck, "Olympic champion"..) Oh well. I'm gonna be more careful before posting any more trivia questions.

Comment

>Dang! I just realized I didn't have my facts straight.. sorry. I was thinking
                    >of 400mH, but forgot 1980 (as many of us might. Volker Beck, "Olympic
                    >champion"..) Oh well. I'm gonna be more careful before posting any more
                    >trivia questions.

don't feel bad; been there, done that. dj always politely corrects me when I'm wrong.

Comment

At least your question did have a correct answer, even if you didn't know it yourself ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X