Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father-son/daughter, mother-son/combo

With the Wallace Spearman Sr. (87 WC) and Jr (07, 08, 09) combo coming up on another thread. What other parent offspring combos have there been (extra credit for those that were on olympic/WC teams) ps Michael and Michelle Carter have already been named.

Heidi Rosenthal, the Olympic LJ champion 1972, and her son Danny Ecker the indoor WC 2007.

Javelin: Jorma Kinnunen, Olympic champion 1968, the same year as his son Kimmo was born. He was world champion in 1991. There is a clip on YouTube somewhere from the Finnish TV-studio when Kimmo won his title. Jorma was special guest there and it got quite emotional.
    Regards
    Basslop

Comment

This field has been plowed before, but if you are looking for father-son combos you should start with Imre and Miklos Nemeth, father-son Olympic Champs ( Imre HT 48, Miklos JT 76)

Comment

This field has been plowed before,
        And sometimes after a time of lying fallow, a field needs plowed again. This is/has the potential to be an interesting thread.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Inger Miller and her father Lenox Miller were both Olympic medalists

Daniel Rudisha , the father of David Rudisha won silver in the 68 Olympics relays

Billy Konchellah was twice world champ. His son Greg Konchellah aka Yusuf Saad Kamel won the 1500m gold in Berlin

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
            This field has been plowed before,
            And sometimes after a time of lying fallow, a field needs plowed again. This is/has the potential to be an interesting thread.
            I do not disagree Scott.

Comment

Here's some of the earlier plowing:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... php?t=3914

Comment

Jan and Chelsea Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman

Totally off-subject, but as I was reviewing this old thread ( thank you tandfman) I was amused by seeing a deleted thread from " Rob." If I remember correctly, he got really P.O.'ed about something and then voluntarily deleted his hundreds of postings. And he was never heard from again.

Comment

I'm sure these Aussies have been added to one of the family threads but since they're not here or on the other linked thread.

Steve Hooker is the son of Olympian Erica Nixon (pentathlon/LJ) and international Bill Hooker (400/400H/800)

Commonwealth Games champions Denise Robertson (200) and Ray Boyd (PV) have three international level children:
                    - Olympian Alana Boyd (PV)
                    - World Youth/Junior rep Jacinta (LJ)
                    - World Junior rep Matt (PV)

Tamsyn Lewis is the daughter of Commonwealth Games HJ rep Carolyn Wright and Olympic sprinter Greg Lewis

Comment

We have a database of almost 7,000 family relationships among Olympians. If you really want me to pull out the father/mother/son/daughter for athletics I can, but it will be several 100 pairings.

Comment

Shalene Flanagan's mother is Cheryl Treworgy (Bridges), who was the WR holder in marathon in 1971.

Comment

Both Shalene and Cheryl were in Berlin last month. Shalene running and Cheryl taking photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                            Originally posted by tandfman

Totally off-subject, but as I was reviewing this old thread ( thank you tandfman) I was amused by seeing a deleted thread from " Rob." If I remember correctly, he got really P.O.'ed about something and then voluntarily deleted his hundreds of postings. And he was never heard from again.
                            Rob has posted several times this summer. His wealth of knowledge is missed.

Comment

One family that I don't see mentioned in the old thread is Karin Balzer (Oly champion at 80H in 1964) and her son Falk (EC silver medal at 110H in 1998).
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X