Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Olympiad Series written and directed by Bud Greenspan

Greenspan takes many liberties and put misplaced footage from other olympiads/events/races in his document of the olympics.

The most crude examples are:

THE BIG ONES THAT GOT AWAY:
    1) in the document of the 5000 in 1932 with Ralph Hill: misplaced footage from the 1500 and the public in Helsinki 1952

2)in the document of Ralph Metcalfe in Los Angeles 1932: misplaced footage from the start of the 200 and the public in Helsinki 1952

3) in the document of Barney Ewell in London 1948: Greenspan misplace footage from the public and the 200 metres in Helsinki 1952 in the 200 metres final in London 1948, where Patton defeats Ewell in a close race.

THE RARE ONES:
    1)in the document of Harrison Dillard in London 1948: in Dillard's fatal 110 meters hurdles in the US trials Greenspan mix him up with another runner
    Edward Dugger and in telling us that Dillard had won 82 consecutive races when he reached the AAU, Greenspan shows a AAU indoor race with Dillard/Milton Campbell from perhaps 1954 or 1955!
    And suddenly Greenspan also put footage of runners from the relays 4 x 100
    in Melbourne 1956 (Leamon King/Thane Baker) in his document of the 100 metres final in London 1948

And this is only a couple of the wrong doings Greenspan put in his Olympiad Series

I just wish I could see em all again on DVD, errors or not

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort
      I just wish I could see em all again on DVD, errors or not
      Still available: new and used copies from Amazon affiliates

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
        I don't think these are quite the same, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

They are avail. + 3 Winter Games titles that were not included in the re-issue
          call (818) 506-4242

Comment

On DVD to rent or buy

Comment

Working...
            X