Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tc
    In the interest of prolonging clueless agony, I would submit Jack Davis as the Hoover (Glendale) candidate.
    Jack Davis IS the Hoover (Glendale) person we were looking for. Great as Forest Beaty was, his career is notable mostly as a high school athlete, not for being a two-time OG silver medalist.

Comment

Three people to go from these three high schools:

Brown Prep (Philadelphia, PA)
      Haverford HS (Havertown, PA)
      Hyde Park Academy HS (Chicago, IL)

There are still 57 points available, so even a first-time entry could win!

Comment

D'oh! I have actually interviewed one of the remaining folks. Never would have guessed the hometown/high school, though.

Comment

Brown - Charlie Moore
          Haverford - Don Bragg
          Hyde Park - Rick Wohlhuter
          (just guessing)

Comment

Bragg was a Jersey boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
              Brown - Charlie Moore
              Haverford - Don Bragg
              Hyde Park - Rick Wohlhuter
              (just guessing)
              O-fer-3.

I'll not mention where they went to high school as they'll show up on a later quiz!

Comment

Related to Ashland, Kansas, and with all due respect to Wes Santee, Thane Baker and his 4 Olympic medals in the sprints and relay are an equal if not superior representation

Comment

I am sorry about my comments re Thane Baker. My wife told me that he is from Elkhart, Kansas. Still a very outstanding sprinter

Comment

Time for clues for the remaining three athletes who went to these schools:

As high schoolers, the three were a sprinter, a distance runner and a high jumper.

Comment

A sprinter who made a most unlikely transition to noteworthy success in another event, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                        Time for clues for the remaining three athletes who went to these schools:

As high schoolers, the three were a sprinter, a distance runner and a high jumper.
                        Another clue: As Olympians, these three athletes accounted for eight medals: three in the middle distances, one in the high jump, two in the shot put, and two in the relays.

Comment

At this point is it legal to leaf through an Olympic database?

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                            At this point is it legal to leaf through an Olympic database?
                            Nah, it's not too difficult to find the people on the internet. I'll keep throwing clues every couple of hours or so.

Unless all the players have given up and researched the question on-line.

Is there anybody left out there who hasn't disqualified himself and is still working with clues?

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                              Is there anybody left out there who hasn't disqualified himself and is still working with clues?
                              me?

Comment

Given the clues you provided, the only way I can see a fit is if Mal Whitfield or Mel Sheppard went to high school at one of those places. I have no idea, but I thought Whitfield was from Bay City, TX, so...???

Comment

Working...
                                X