Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on the BYU track team with Ralph Mann. Quite a talented guy...not that fast in the flat 400 but could really run the hurdles! I wish his career could have been longer. Not sure why he retired when he did.

Comment

Careers were generally shorter pre-1980 because of the amateur rules. People had to earn a living.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetorun
        I was on the BYU track team with Ralph Mann. Quite a talented guy...not that fast in the flat 400 but could really run the hurdles! I wish his career could have been longer. Not sure why he retired when he did.
        trivia
        Went on to bigger and better track related things! Can anyone elaborate?

Comment

As I recall, Ralph earned a doctorate in bio-mechanics, and last I heard ,was on the faculty at the University of Kentucky.

Comment

Yes, did a multitude of studies on biomechanics of track events.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                Yes, did a multitude of studies on biomechanics of track events.
                Also has done some work on biomechanics of the golf swing

Comment

I vaguely remember something about Ralph having trouble earlier in 1972, losing form and confidence. He worked with a famous coach (Jim Bush?) who got him back on track in time to make the team and get the silver. Anyone remember more details?

Comment

Working...
                  X