Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WR range

Sure it's not run as often as the 1500m, but it's still there. If a country has enough talent, they could enter a meet and get it. I think Kenya could smash it if they get the guys together and send them to a big relay meet. Kenya vs. the World?

Wolhuter's 1000m AR is 30 years old this year.

Comment

My first T&FN trip was to the 1987 Worlds in Rome. That was also my first big, world-class meet (other than the US-USSR meet at UC Berkeley - in 1978, I think). I remember watching two world records in about a 10-minute span - first, Ben Johnson ran 9.8-something, and a few minutes later Kostadinova jumped 6' 10-1/4". I remember thinking, hey, this is cool. I've since come to learn that it's unusual to see two performances like that in a single day.

Anyway, Kostadinova's record is 14 years old and looks safe for the foreseeable future. She was jumping until a few years ago - I wonder what she's doing now.

Comment

On the mens side- Is Steve's Jesse Owens answer correct or not?

Comment

I think it is, for official WRs. There have been unratified/questionable marks that were 'unbettered' for longer periods.

Comment

"On the mens side- Is Steve's Jesse Owens answer correct or not?"

Note that in the original post at the top of the thread I stated "I do not know the answers", I was curious and wanted to ask this knowledgeable board to help me with the answers.

I do THINK Steve is correct with his Jesse Owens answer for regulary held Olympic T&F events.

Comment

Working...
            X