Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** trivia ***

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by G.Ahearn
    Originally posted by Avante
    Originally posted by rhymans
    2. could be Jim Kemp, but note also Steve Haas 9.4/20.7y/46.8c/1:47.6 - ran for Oxy (the college not the Oil company)
    Kemp it was! Haas almost made it.
    Certainly there are others. No?
    Could be, I only know of Kemp.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Avante
      Originally posted by G.Ahearn
      Originally posted by Avante
      Originally posted by rhymans
      2. could be Jim Kemp, but note also Steve Haas 9.4/20.7y/46.8c/1:47.6 - ran for Oxy (the college not the Oil company)
      Kemp it was! Haas almost made it.
      Certainly there are others. No?
      Could be, I only know of Kemp.
      Matt Scherer is close:
      10.41, 20.89, 45.19, 1:46.11

      Comment


      • #33
        [quote=G.Ahearn]
        Originally posted by Avante
        Originally posted by "G.Ahearn":294bjptt
        Originally posted by Avante
        Originally posted by rhymans
        2. could be Jim Kemp, but note also Steve Haas 9.4/20.7y/46.8c/1:47.6 - ran for Oxy (the college not the Oil company)
        Kemp it was! Haas almost made it.
        Certainly there are others. No?
        Could be, I only know of Kemp.
        Matt Scherer is close:
        10.41, 20.89, 45.19, 1:46.11[/quote:294bjptt]

        If we get technical it would have to be some old yardie since I am talking sub9.4/20.7.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Avante
          Originally posted by lonewolf
          Has the three 26 foot jumpers been answered.? Can't find it.
          hint..

          one was a foreign athlete
          one was also a standout hurdler
          one was just a long jumper
          UCLA? in 1973. I know Finn Bendixen was a Norwegian + they had McAlister and others over 26ft at the time. But I don't know about the LJer/hurdler.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Per Andersen
            Originally posted by Avante
            Originally posted by lonewolf
            Has the three 26 foot jumpers been answered.? Can't find it.
            hint..

            one was a foreign athlete
            one was also a standout hurdler
            one was just a long jumper
            UCLA? in 1973. I know Finn Bendixen was a Norwegian + they had McAlister and others over 26ft at the time. But I don't know about the LJer/hurdler.
            UCLA


            Long Jump
            1) 27-01/2 James McAlister 1973
            2) 26-113/4 Mike Powell 1986
            3) 26-71/2 Jerry Herndon 1974
            4) 26-31/4 George Brown 1952
            5) 26-3 Juaune Armon 2002
            6) 26-13/4 Finn Bendixen 1972
            7) 26-01/4 John Johnson 1968
            8) 25-111/2 Willie Banks 1975
            9) 25-10 McArthur Anderson 1991
            10) 25-91/4 Chip Benson 1982

            hint...

            Two of the three I'm looking for actually jumped over 27-0.

            Comment


            • #36
              U of H

              Could it be Houston? Lewis and Burell jumped over 26 feet.

              Comment


              • #37
                Lister, Howard, Floreal? Were they all at Arkansas at same time?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                  Lister, Howard, Floreal? Were they all at Arkansas at same time?
                  Floreal was definitely ahead of the other two. Late 80's for Floreal.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Some of the answers -

                    Greene - 9.21 for 100y in '67 - never offically bettered (though Mr Bolt passed 100y in Berlin in around 8.87)

                    Cal Poly - Clancy Edwards 10.07 (though that was at USC)
                    Kaaron Conwright 10.10
                    Joe Roalnd Siai Siai 10.16w
                    Bobby Turner 9.35yw in 71 AAU
                    Fordham - Sam Perry 5.9 for 60y
                    Grambling - Jack Phillips 9.2, Willie McGee 9.1, Dick Stebbins 9.3 - there may be others

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by rhymans
                      Some of the answers -

                      Greene - 9.21 for 100y in '67 - never offically bettered (though Mr Bolt passed 100y in Berlin in around 8.87)

                      Cal Poly - Clancy Edwards 10.07 (though that was at USC)
                      Kaaron Conwright 10.10
                      Joe Roalnd Siai Siai 10.16w
                      Bobby Turner 9.35yw in 71 AAU
                      Fordham - Sam Perry 5.9 for 60y
                      Grambling - Jack Phillips 9.2, Willie McGee 9.1, Dick Stebbins 9.3 - there may be others
                      Yep on old Charlie.

                      Yes on Edwards, Conwright and Turner. I was thinking Cecil Turner a 9.3 guy ahead of Siai Siai. I can't disagree however.

                      Yep on Perry.

                      Grambling had Phillips and Stebbins along with Stone Johnson (Sebbins and Johnson being Oly 200/4x1 men)_ and Joe Sincere. McGee went to Alcorn.

                      Good stuff!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        [quote=Per Andersen]
                        Originally posted by "Bruce Kritzler":19pvwoed
                        Lister, Howard, Floreal? Were they all at Arkansas at same time?
                        Floreal was definitely ahead of the other two. Late 80's for Floreal.[/quote:19pvwoed]

                        How about John Moffitt, Walter Davis, and ?? at LSU?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Long jump answer in my thread....Texas Southern

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X