• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line up with most WR-holders....

>>if Jerome's WR in the 100
    >yd counts.

<<'Fraid not!>>

Can't imagine why not, but it's a moot point: are we forgetting who the second man ever to run 10-flat for 100m was?

Comment

>>>if Jerome's WR in the 100
      >yd counts.

<<'Fraid not!>>

Can't imagine
      >why not

Because the 100y was never contested in the Olympics or WCh. I know it's almost the same as the 100m, but the original question was for WR holders - all in the same event - all in one line-up.

Comment

Because the 100y was never contested in the Olympics or WCh. I know it's almost the same as the 100m, but the original question was for WR holders - all in the same event - all in one line-up."

But like GH said it is irrelevant since Jerome WAS an official WR holder at 100m - and my dad was one of the timers on that race in Saskatoon!

Comment

'84 5000 had Aouita, Ovett, Moorcroft and Walker.<<

Nope. No Ovett...

Comment

Can't think of a "6", but how about 5 in a domestic race - the OT 100 in 1956 - Morrow (10.2 in '56), Murchison (10.2/10.1) in '56, Baker (10.2 '56), King (10.1 '56) and Willie Williams (10.1 '56). The heats (2 of them) had 2 further record men - Ray Norton (10.1 '59), and Dave Sime (stretching it a bit, as he ran 10.2 - after a raft of 9.3's for 100y - but after Williams, Murchison and King ran 10.1). The same meet also had 5 in the high hurdles - Lee Calhoun, Jack Davis, Milt Campbell, Elias Gilbert and Harrison Dillard

Comment

Comment

Is this turning out to be one of the tougher tasks for track freaks, beating 5? Obviously it ain't that easy or someone woulda done it by now.

Comment

Rhymans - there be lotsa fives but none like Montreal 76 100 - all auto, no ties. So far that one rules. Yeah I know I said it b4

Comment

Jon may we throw in indoor records too? Or how about indoor races with outdoor record holders? Or maybe we don't ask u just do it

Comment

If it hadn't been
                      >for the Cuban boycott, the addition of Sotoymayor would have made it six!

Well ... if you start counting but-for-the-boycott cases, '84 could well have included Paklin, Wszola and Povarnitsyn (though the latter is unlikely, with at least 6 Soviets ahead of him on the world list that year).

Comment

>Jon may we throw in indoor records too? Or how about indoor races with outdoor
                        >record holders? Or maybe we don't ask u just do it

Umm... yeh - why not! I just want to see a 6!!!

Comment

Another approach would be to count all the world records brought to the starting line or start of a field event. for example Montreal women 100: Stecher had scored several times at 100 because she had a bunch of hand records ratified, plus her 11.07, and her 2 200 records 22.40 and 22.38. And so on, Ashford 2, Gohr 2, Richter and Helten 1 each. And if Boyle had run 0.01 faster in Munich she'd have been given a share of the tie that Stecher got - just a trivial observation. Anyway personally I think hand times should be left out of it as they obviously are approximate times and skew the results.

Comment

I would bet that at least a few World X-C races would result in a nice tally....

Comment

>I would bet that at least a few World X-C races would result in a nice
                              >tally....

See Sunday, Apr 4, 2004 at 10:22 AM above and the one above that.

Comment

Ah hah! All I can say is that I wanna be like MJD.

Comment

Working...
                                X