X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basis
    replied
    Re: McTear 60m question

so if some have the full results from this meet in Long Beach in 1980 I will like to have them (both men and women, incl heats) so I can update my "non-legal" lists. I have some results from this meet, but like to have all performances which qualify to be included on my website.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied

In that same meet, Evelyn Ashford ran 7.04, and her performance was listed as questionable. If I'm correct, Alice Brown ran 7.12 in the same race.

Leave a comment:

• DG
    replied

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

The TAFWA all-time indoor list book says "questionable course length," but the T&FN coverage of the meet at the time noted that the track's builder said he measured the straightaway twice and it was 5 inches long. Suspicision is that there was an Accutrack error of some kind. Not the same kind of reliable machine that today's Lynx is.

The fact that the runners moved into places 1-6 on the all-time list was a pretty good clue that something was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied

Maybe, they didn't have a wind gage reading. :-)

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

I'm not entirely sure, although http://www.iaaf.org/community/forums/Li ... icID=16064 mentions that his 6.38 was set on an over-sized track.

I don't know why that would negate a 60m time though, so the only thing I can think of is perhaps there was some sort of timing malfunction (or suspected timing malfuction). Glance's 6.41, and a 6.53 by McTear in the semis were also "Disallowed" because of the questionable timing.

Leave a comment:

• DG
    started a topic McTear 60m question

McTear 60m question

Houston McTear had a 60m in 6.38 in Long Beach (1/5/80). In Larson's all time lists are all the times of that meet listed as questionable.
    Does any one has more info on that meet and why the times where questionable??
Working...
X