Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. and Mrs. X III

She won medals in 4 major championships. He was part of a WR relay team. Who are they?
    (Jon banned from answering for 24 hrs.)

Re: Mr. and Mrs. X III

Comment

mark lutz and mary decker.no capital letters to keep kuha happy

Comment

Comment

Damn...you're correct of course. I should have banned you as well as Jon, I knew it was an easy one for the Brits! (Actually, behind the scenes on email Jon sent an incorrect answer!)

I have to say that I've always thought Kathy was one of those athletes whose career record was significantly impacted by the drug cheats of her era. I went to school with her; she was supremely talented but hated training, her work load was very light. From what I remember she worked out like a club athlete. She and Gary were among the nicest people you could meet in athletics.

Comment

>Ordinarily I would have said Gary & Kathy Cook (nee Smallwood)...

...Gary
            >was part of the 4x800m WR relay team and Kathy won medals at 'several' major
            >Champs, but if you only count Olympic Games & World Champs, then it's 3 (1980,
            >1983 & 1984), whereas if you include European Champs as well then it's 5 (1978
            >& 1982)...so I guess it's another couple?

Mea culpa for not being specific. I meant in Olympic, World, European & Commonwelth's but was not counting multiples of any.

Comment

<>mark lutz and mary decker.

I thought Decker was married to Richard Slaney, or am I out of date?>

Before Slaney she was married to Tabb.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Hey Pego...do you know the guy who wrote this article? He's from your neck of the woods. Seems like a strange arguement from someone who lectures on medical ethics:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/editorial/0 ... 110220.htm

I know this belongs on the THG board but nobody reads that. Also I changed the direction of this thread with my comments about Kathy being robbed (come to think of it my question got "robbed" too!)

Comment

Comment

>mark lutz and mary decker.no capital letters to keep kuha happy

satcheroo, you have your Mark Lutz and Mary Decker amours confused. Mark was /(is ?) married to Francie Larrieu.

Mary was married to Ron Tabb, then later married to Richard Slaney.

Comment

The Larrieu-Lutz marriage did not last many years. She subsequently re-married, I think to a guy named Smith.

Comment

>The Larrieu-Lutz marriage did not last many years. She subsequently
                        >re-married, I think to a guy named Smith.

Right. I don't even remember her being married to Lutz. Must have been a while ago.

Comment

Comment

<Hey Pego...do you know the guy who wrote this article? He's from your neck of the woods. Seems like a strange arguement from someone who lectures on medical ethics:>

Yes Mark, I know Dr. Fost. He is a rather highly regarded medical ethicist nationally. I never heard him commenting on drugs (recreational, prescription or performance enhancing). All I can say is that you can find apologists for just about anything.
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

<He is a former track star, with 2 Gold, 1 Silver & 2 Bronze; she comes from another sport and won 4 Gold, 3 Silver & 2 Bronze.>

I don't know who this couple is, but Odlozil (silver 1500 Tokyo) and Caslavska (numerous gymnastics medals) had a son, whose only claim to fame is to have stabbed his father to death.
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                              X