Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books

There was a thread a while ago about track and field books. I forget whether anyone mentioned the collection of Kenny Moore's pieces that appeared in Sports Illustrated in the late 1970s and 1980. It's called Best Efforts, and, though it's been on my shelves for years, I just read it. It is undoubtedly the greatest book on runners ever written. Does Moore still write? By the way, I waited to order a new edition of Pariente's Fabuleuse Histoire and on account of my delay received a 2003 edition (co-authored by Alain Billoun of L'Equipe)with an added chapter on the St. Denis WC. No pictures, unhappily, but I still have the first edition for those, and there are other sources of action pictures since 1978.

Re: Books

Kenny Moore still writes. He wrote an article on the Bislett stadium for the November 2003 issue of Runner's World. He's working on a biography of his Oregon coach Bill Bowerman.

Comment

Re: Books

If you enjoy Kenny Moore's writing then you should enjoy Norman Harris's work - he wrote "The legend of Lovelock" and various other excellent track based books

Comment

Working...
      X