Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '83 NCAAs

Originally posted by BillVol
    BTW, I'm not claiming "what if" for '83. We would not have won the NCAAs in '01 if TCU hadn't false started in the 4x1. This is all part of the game. SMU won fair and square. Just like we did in '01.

TCU beat your Vols in the 4x1. It was a Kim Collins FS in the 200m that sunk the Frogs. UT only had to get the stick around in the 4x4 to win, as the meet was tied going into the relay.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
      BTW, I'm not claiming "what if" for '83. We would not have won the NCAAs in '01 if TCU hadn't false started in the 4x1. This is all part of the game. SMU won fair and square. Just like we did in '01.

TCU beat your Vols in the 4x1. It was a Kim Collins FS in the 200m that sunk the Frogs. UT only had to get the stick around in the 4x4 to win, as the meet was tied going into the relay.

Scoreboard, KevinM. Just like SMU beat us in '83. You have to finish the race under the rules to score.

warnego, thanks for the link. Apparently you are the only person here who knows about that link or someone would have posted it earlier. Right?

Thanks also to dj for posting the stories and even to you, tandf, for the times.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM

Scoreboard, KevinM. Just like SMU beat us in '83. You have to finish the race under the rules to score.
        What are you talking about? TCU actually won the 4x1. The score was 43-36 going into the 200m. Gatlin and Scott go 1, 6 for 13 points. Doc Patton finishes third for TCU (6 points). That makes it 49-49 going into the 4x4. UT only has to get the stick around, and does just that, finishing 8th to clinch the win.

Comment

What are you talking about? TCU actually won the 4x1. The score was 43-36 going into the 200m. Gatlin and Scott go 1, 6 for 13 points. Doc Patton finishes third for TCU (6 points). That makes it 49-49 going into the 4x4. UT only has to get the stick around, and does just that, finishing 8th to clinch the win.
          Yes, I know. I got mixed up.

Comment

Working...
          X