Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Love A Duck

Happy 48th birthday today (Saturday) to an Olympic champion, a NCAA champion, and a Pan American Games champion.

Our birthday athlete was born in a country with a population about twice that of Mexico's population.

This athlete is one of the top four all-time performers in the event in which this person won the Olympic gold medal.

Listen to what this athlete has done: Olympic gold medal, Olympic silver medal, a World Championship bronze medal, two Pan American Games gold medals, and this person was the first athlete from their nation to win an Olympic gold medal in track and field in 28 years.

If I said Taguatinga, would that help? Who is this Olympic Games gold medalist born on this day 48 years ago?

Re: Lord Love A Duck

Joaquim Cruz

Comment

You got it, mcgato. Happy birthday today to Joaquim Cruz. Only four people have ever run the 800 meters under 1:42 and Cruz is one of those four.

Comment

Double R Bar...I enjoy your interesting historical riddle's...well thought out and presented. I vote that you be the message boards historical guru...thanks for the fun.

Comment

Thanks, lovetorun, however I think dj is a step ahead of me in that department.

Comment

Working...
          X