Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 400 Trivia

After last year's NCAA results, then Otis Harris getting hurt, an early year formchart might have been expected to list Minnesota's Adam Steele and Mitch Potter for a 1-2 (pick the order). Based on current form, a Baylor 1-2 from Darold Williamson and Jeremy Wariner doesn't look out of the question.

Name all previous NCAA 400 (or 440) 1-2s.

Just For Rob! :-)

Re: NCAA 400 Trivia

I'm not looking it up, but a guess at John Smith and Wayne Collett ?

Comment

as always, Steve first in; but not as always, Steve be wrong. Collett only scored once in the NCs 400 and that was a 4th in '71.

Comment

Total guess but what about Steve Lewis and Danny Everett?

Comment

My guess is that it's never been done.

Comment

yes Lewis and Everett (well, Everett and Lewis, actually) in '88.

That was the second time it happened. The first time it happened 1-2 guys had a teammate who finished 6th for the best 3-man performance ever. The 6th-placer was Hubie Kerns; who went 1-2?

Comment

Erwin Miller and Howard Upton (can't remember if Upton was at USC, but Miller won in '39, which has to be the relevant year)

Comment

No, Upton was 4th in '39 (and then 3rd in '40). Kerns was still in HS in '39.

Comment

So it must have been '42 (as Klemmer won in '41 in Berkeley ahead of Kerns and Bourland). Bourland it was who won in' 42 - so I'm only halfway there - can't remember 2nd place.

Comment

Yes, it's '42, but you're way off on '41! Was held at Stanford and first three were Kerns-Bogrow-Klemmer (who never won).

Suspect only a Trojan fanatic would ever get the '42 runner-up.

Comment

I believe second place in 1942 was Wachtler of USC. I don't think there were any 1-2's for over 35 years after that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X