Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards 100m

I am curious to know what the fastest time is for the 100m (or 100yd) whilst run backwards???

I have read in a dated Guiness Book of Records that the record for 100m yards was 12.7s (which was converted to 13.6s for 100m, but it would be more than 0.9s for the 100yd-100m because you are running backwards, so the 100m record would be much closer to 14.00s I believe)

I just wanted to know, because when training, we was running backwards 100m sprints (which was a silly competition between friends and I) and my friend was timed at 13.1s (hand-timed) by our coach...

Any info. would be appreciated...thankyou

Re: Backwards 100m

Found on the net that some guy has ran 13.6 for the 100m backwards:

http://www.soccer-magic.com/acad_meetthestaff.html
    (go to 'athletic acheivements/awards')

But It doesn't say if he still holds the record - is this the same guy you found too?

Looks like your friend could be an unofficial WR-holder!

Comment

I saw a guy set the WR in the 200 while juggling; does that count? (lucky for the guy that the jogglers don't have wind-aided rules!)

Comment

Is the 3-legged 100y record going to make it to 100 years?

http://users.skynet.be/hermandw/olymp/bioro.htm

Comment

>I saw a guy set the WR in the 200 while juggling; does that count? (lucky for
          >the guy that the jogglers don't have wind-aided rules!)

I saw a guy running 400mH whilst juggling on TV. He ran a time just outside 60s if I remember right....

Comment

I never ran a 100 meters backwards, however I remember in college, we use to run a 440 yards on the cement rail around the track (dirt track). None of us could break 60 seconds, but remember, those rails were only a few inches wide. You were good if you could run the whole thing without falling off the rail.

Comment

Thankyou for the replies everyone...

Comment

>Is the 3-legged 100y record going to make it to 100
                >years?

http://users.skynet.be/hermandw/olymp/bioro.htm

Wow! That's some record...must take a lot of co-ordination to get a good time for a sprint...

Comment

>Found on the net that some guy has ran 13.6 for the 100m
                  >backwards:

http://www.soccer-magic.com/acad_meetthestaff.html
                  (go to
                  >'athletic acheivements/awards')

But It doesn't say if he still holds the
                  >record - is this the same guy you found too?

Looks like your friend could be
                  >an unofficial WR-holder!

Jon thankyou for the information and yes it was the same guy I found with the record...

In the local newspaper there are some articles on a some fun-runs for charity...like juggling and running backwards, and my friend was trying to get into one of those so that he could get an official time...

He has really tight hamstrings...I don't know if that has anything to do with it...

Comment

He has really tight hamstrings...I don't know if
                    >that has anything to do with it...

Running backwards is supposed to help tight hamstrings.

Comment

I agree that 3 legged mark is pretty fast. Especially since the WR at the time for one guy was only 9 3/5. You think Mo and Tim could go for it?

Comment

>I agree that 3 legged mark is pretty fast. Especially since the WR at the time
                        >for one guy was only 9 3/5. You think Mo and Tim could go for it?

It is bad enough when Tim and Mo are beside each other in adjacent lanes on the track...it would be funny to see them tied to each (by the leg) running a 3 legged race...

Comment

>>I am curious to know what the fastest time is for the 100m (or 100yd) whilst run backwards???<<

I believe that information can be found at www.swendleifdnakcart.com.

Comment

The WR for 3000 meters backwards while juggling three chainsaws and dressed in Full [slim, young] Elvis Impersonator Regalia is WAY soft. I'm definitely gonna take a crack at it.

Anyone know where I can get some EPO?

Comment

Working...
                            X