Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeze

Our birthday athlete for today (Wednesday) was born in June and died in June. This athlete was born 68 years ago this day and won an Olympic gold medal and an Olympic bronze medal while competing in five Olympic Games.

This Olympic champion was 25 years old when winning the Olympic gold medal. Our birthday athlete never lived to see 60 years.

Having the same initials as a former professional boxer who played "Uncle Charley" in the tv series "My Three Sons", this birthday athlete also has the same initials as a very famous animator born in 1901.

Anyone know our famous Olympic champion for June 8th?

Re: Breeze

Originally posted by DoubleRBar
    Anyone know our famous Olympic champion for June 8th?
    Certainly. Liked the "five Olympics" clue

Comment

Might I add that the athlete's last name is something you might have in your living room or your family room. The athlete's first name is the same as a former San Francisco mayor.

Comment

I posted earlier, before your last clue, but my computer died on me and apparently it never went through. I mentioned Donald, Daisy, and the 3 triplets as my hint to others.

Comment

I'll guess Willie Davenport based on the extra clues from DoubleR. Same initials as William Demerest (how do I know that?) and Walt Disney. I'm guessing Disney is the clue about the ducks.

Comment

Willie Davenport it is, mcgato. Nice work. Some of you may remember Davenport winning the gold medal in Mexico City and some of you may even remember him making the Olympic team to Tokyo in 1964 (he was 7th in the first semi-final).

Of course you know that Davenport made four Olympic teams in track and field and one Olympic team to the Winter Games.

Willie Davenport died a little over one week after his 59th birthday in 2002.

Comment

Working...
            X