Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hj trivia

Ferny gets a DISTANT 3rd which Herman Moore , a part time football playing jumper , would debate. HJ DWEEB / STEVE, award for least talented ATHLETE in any sport in ACC history .

Comment

I was also the first jumper from ANY school in South Carolina to jump 7'. But of course I am from New Jersey where we were more advanced Trackandfieldologically.

Comment

Does anyone recall a jumper named Joe DAvid from Maryland in the 1960's or 70's?

Comment

I got to know Joe quite well when I went to Clemson. He was coaching at U of Maryland then and he left there to go teach somewhere in Maryland. A class guy. I don't know how many ACC's he won.

Comment

>Does anyone recall a jumper named Joe DAvid from Maryland in the 1960's or
            >70's?

I think he was also from NJ, just like Fern and Costello. And maybe David and Costello were even from the same HS ( Union ? )

Comment

Yes they did both go to Union HS.

Comment

In looking at my NCAA book, I'm surprised to see how poor (relatively speaking) the ACC has actually done in the HJ through the years, with only the two aforementioned champions (Costello and Bishop). They each scored twice, and I can only find one other guy who has scored twice (outdoors only). Can anybody name him?

Comment

Well, I can easily be eliminated from that one. I SUCKED at NCAA meets.

Comment

Working...
                  X