Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high jumpers/ question

HOW do you tell high jumpers from the rest of the track team?

Re: high jumpers/ question

They are smarter.

Comment

Back when I was jumping we were the first to carry shoulder bags, so that made us stand out. But generally we are the best looking and most fraternal group on the track. We say things like, "Damn you looked good on that jump",and you cleared that by a bunch". And we actually mean it. We also tend to help each other more than any group I know of. But that may have changed. I got in trouble at the Nationals here in NZ in '91 for helping NZ Champ Roger TePuni catch his step AFTER I was out of the comp. We were informed that we were not allowed to even talk to each other during the comp!

Comment

Smarter, taller, best looking, more popular with the girls, etc...that's a given.

A better way to spot us however, is to look for individuals wandering around, in an apparent world of their own, doing strange arm and leg movements rehearsing our last couple of strides and take-off techniques...

Comment

Good one Mark.

Comment

We are truly The Chosen People.

Comment

Well, I ain't in youse guys' class, but the way we were desribed by coaches and teammates was that we were all prima donnas who preen and strut around until we do our 4 seconds of 'work' and then complain we're exhausted after 6 whole jumps. I didn't see it that way, but that is the rep.

Comment

I have been BANNED for picking on KUHA, note thread pulled after his mental breakdown, so forced to agree with above hj dweebs . Two week "vacation" for mean old SATCH.

Comment

I have been BANNED for picking on KUHA, note thread pulled after his mental breakdown, so forced to agree with above hj dweebs . Two week "vacation" for mean old SATCH.

Comment

:-) after HIS mental breakdown? See ya in a fortnight.

Comment

I asked for that thread to be thrashed as it went from bad to worse. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who felt that way. So, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

you probably missed his post, KUHA WENT POSTAL, made Phil Shinnick look normal. FLASH , satch banned for 3 weeks without parole.

Comment

um . . . if you are banned . . . why are you still here? I'm obviously missing the point of a ban. I thought kuha acted totally within reason.

Comment

You should be banned more for changing the focus of a HJ thread, I think a minimum of a month is fair. Anyway, if you're banned how come you're posting?

Comment

>You should be banned more for changing the focus of a HJ thread, I think a
                              >minimum of a month is fair. Anyway, if you're banned how come you're posting?

BLACK MAGIC, pego is the GHANDI of the message board . PEACE and LOVE, Houdini Satchman

Comment

Working...
                              X