Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/17/54

How many years will a SPRINTER exist, before he's allowed to be free? Satchman v. Bd. of Ed.

Re: 5/17/54

Happy 50th Birthday! Just remember, if your mind is open, you will always be free.

Comment

It's not Satch's birthday: it's the 50th anniversary of the landmark Brown vs. The Board of Education decision. I would think that Satch would treat such a watershed moment with the respect it deserves.

Comment

I WISH I was only 50! the answer my "friends" is Blowing In The Wind .the most hated man on the board Peter ,Paul and SATCH.

Comment

Satch, by no stretch of anybody's imagination are you the most hated person on this board. Au contraire.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

If you're waaay over 50, why are you still so unmellow? Experience should have taught you that making friends was the best philosophy. You seem so intent on antagonizing others. You are NOT hated at all; we just sort of shake our heads in bewilderment most of the time. Peace, brother (or am I too-melaninally-challenged to call you that?).

Comment

Hey ! I thought I answered this question ! ( Correctly I might add) Maybe I pushed the wrong button !

Comment

Relevant to Brown vs BOE, SF Chronicle had a good piece noting how black/white dialect differences may be contributing to an even greater estrangement between the two groups (book coming out called "Do You Speak American?" by Rob McNeill, formerly of the Lehrer-McNeill news on PBS and the author of a great book/PBS series a few years back called "The English Language")

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 6MEEC1.DTL

Comment

"What it indicates is that differences between blacks and whites are increasing, and I don't think most Americans want to live in a world like that."

I don't believe that for a second. TV is the great homogenizer today. Urbanites don't speak a dialect - they speak in street slang. There's a difference. Whatever is the new cool 'in' phrase quickly becomes de rigeur. There and here is currently pronounced her and ther - it comes from whatever the current music sounds like.

Comment

hey man, Iknow we all look alike ,now we all talk alike or are we all "linquistically sloppy" to quote the BIG K.Sho' nuff wants to thanks ya boss for bringin us over from Africa!

Comment

Working...
                    X