NCAA Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Trivia

This is a trivia an, even more so, a search for info. How many (who) have one NCAA titles over the span of 5 years. In other words, who won a title as a freshman and then again as a red-shirt senior. Example: If Joe Snuffy won the 100m in 1984 and then again in 1988 he would have to be one because that covers 5 seasons. I know of one?

Re: NCAA Trivia

wow--that's a good one! I haven't found anybody who matches those criteria yet, but I have one that's "equal" to it: how about somebody with a 1st as a frosh and a 2nd as a senior, with a SIX-year span?

Comment

Kennedy did it in XC, winning in 88 and then 92. I know that wasn't what you were looking for, though.

Comment

Didnt know the six year span. The only one I knew was Tito Steiner. Won decas in 77, 79, and 81. Who was the six year spread? Did he/she go on a Mormon mission?

Comment

How about Stanley Floyd, as frosh at Auburn, sr at Houston?

Comment

Floyd won at Auburn as a frosh, took off a year, won as a soph at Houston, then left school. (or at least left the team)

Comment

Hint on mine: he too was at two different schools, and he did military service in the middle.

Comment

He also belonged to an ethnic group of which off the top of my head I can think of only one other.

edited because I first said he was the only one! (Expect me to continue to cheat as I find more, unless you stop me by naming the first guy!)

Comment

Next clue: there's another (recent) thread on this board which helps in the ID.

Comment

james Gilkes, GUYANA, FISK; SO CAL ?

Comment

I didn't say unique country, I said "ethnic group"

Comment

And the thread was started today

Comment

hans schmidt won the vault as a freshman in '01 outdoors for dIII. he is a junior now in his fourth year and is favored(heavily) to win and will probably be back next year as the favoriet again. so in a year, he may be an answer, of course, there are vaulters out there that will do their best to attempt to dethrone him.
                          he is a really nice guy though. and a great competitor.

Comment

OK, before this one gets lost: answer is Henry Aihara of Illinois ('45) and USC ('50).

Comment

OK, WHAT ethnic group, my " guess" aborigine, SATCH PSYCHIC powers not always right .

Comment

Working...
                              X