• satch400
    replied
    Re: Re: Where is Bendigo?

Geelong?

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied

Yes Satch, you have the order but it was not Melbourne. Steve is right, it was pre-Olympic but it was not in the States but extremely close to Melbourne. As far as I know it was the only time King anchored the team.

The order was pretty much written in stone in those days. I suppose Stanfield must have been back-up.

Leave a comment:

• highjumpsteve
    replied

n

Leave a comment:

• satch400
    replied

as you know MORROW anchored OG team, soI just made KING anchor and guessed at order. pretty good chance MURCHISON led off.

Leave a comment:

• highjumpsteve
    replied

>how bout IRA, THANE, BOBBY AND LEAMON, MELBOURNE 56?

Satch, his question said PRE Olympic, and also said 4 x 110...which means it must have been a 440 yard race. So it must have been a pre Olympic meet before they went to Australia. Going strictly from memory I bet it was at one of those meets where there were some 10.1s for 100m but will have to "look it all up " when I get home. But since you have, I believe , correctly identified the Olympic foursome that just might be correct here too.

Leave a comment:

• satch400
    replied
    Re: Where is Bendigo?

how bout IRA, THANE, BOBBY AND LEAMON, MELBOURNE 56?

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied

Yes, Hjsteve Jack Davis ran 13.3 over the 120h and beat Calhoun. I knew you would know about Bendigo when you knew about Geelong.

Mike Renfro, I don't think I have had wine from the Bendigo/ballarat area. I am partial to Hunter Valley and Barossa I guess.

How about my B. question?

Leave a comment:

• hj197steve
    replied

I think that's where Jack Davis ran a 13.3.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

Bendigo is in Victoria, Aus, NW of Melbourne. I would imagine that some pre olympic wonderfulness occurred, maybe the 4x110H? That was probably done pre oly and somewhere where they were still using imperial distances. But except for location, not a clue. The town is probably in Victoria's wine country, not so good as SA or NSW I think.

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    started a topic Where is Bendigo?

Where is Bendigo?

and what happened on a grass track there in late '56?

2. Where did Leamon King anchor a pre-olympic 4x110? and what was the line-up?

This is with you in mind Satch!
Working...
X