Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White HS sprinters trivia

No.
    But to answer the 1st question, I would say Roy Martin, Dwayne Evans, Obea Moore, Houston McTear

Re:
    If some one posted a question like "Who are the best black HS sprinters of recent times?", wouldn't he be instantly attacked as a racist? Just wondering...

Comment

In this case the phrase "Who are the best black HS sprinters of recent times?" would be unnecessary. One would just say "Who are the best HS sprinters of recent times". Therefore any race issues wouldn't even have to come into the frame at all, unless a certain agenda is kicking around.

Comment

>No.
        But to answer the 1st question, I would say Roy Martin, Dwayne Evans,
        >Obea Moore, Houston McTear

Re:
        If some one posted a question like "Who are
        >the best black HS sprinters of recent times?", wouldn't he be instantly
        >attacked as a racist? Just wondering...

this issue has been raised before, and I agree that this type classification is being a bit run into the ground here.

Comment

Rish beat Everrett, did he race Thomas ever???

Rish was awesome, but how did he do against Henry Thomass??? He beat Everett at the state meet in CA state - HS 400 meters. Anyone know????????????????????????????
          Track lover

Comment

Rish vs. Thomas

Rish (white guuy) vs. Thomas:

Who won or did Thomas not run the 400 at the CA state meae????
            Track lover

Comment

Forrest Beaty is an emergency medicine physician in Sebastopol.

Originally posted by jwetter
              Forest Beaty ran 9.4 100 yard dash in addition to his 20.2 straightaway 220 yard dash as an underclassman at Glendale Hoover. If I'm not mistaken Beaty won the Calfifornia State CIF 100 yard dash one year and the 220 yard dash two years in the mid-60's. The Foothill League, which included Glendale Hoover, had an outstanding group of sprinters when Beaty was there. Another white sprinter in the league was Ralph Turner of John Burroughs H.S. in Burbank. Turner ran 9.5 and also 20.6 when Beaty ran his 20.2. If I recall correctly there was also still another very good white sprinter that year from either Burbank H.S. or Glendale H.S. It was in the Foothill League Championships that one year in the early or mid 60's that these three plus a couple of sprinters from John Muir H.S. in Pasadena or Pasadena H.S. all ran 9.6 or better and 21.1 or better. Not bad for one little 7 team league. For those of you who aren't familiar with it John Muir has had a slew of California State Chapmpion sprinters.

Forest Beaty went on to run at the University of California in Berkeley and although a good collegiate sprinter he never quite lived up to his H.S. accomplishments. He graduated from Cal, went to medical school and about 6-7 years ago I read an article about him being a physician in the East Bay Area treating some group of unfortunates (I don't recall whether they were poor, HIV or what) on a humanitarian basis. He went from being a very good sprinter to a very good humanitarian physician. He surely has my respect.

Comment

It has been sometime, but Jerry Bright from Oakland’s Castlemont H.S. and Arizona State comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by blockstart
                  It has been sometime, but Jerry Bright from Oakland’s Castlemont H.S. and Arizona State comes to mind.
                  I am not sure, but I think he has one of the fastest times in school history (Arizona State) for the 200m.

Comment

And for Casey. I remember him back in 1998 running in Annecy, France with a gold (heavy) necklace. He wanted to go to Arizona State to be coached by Darryl Anderson. He did not go because of the school being on probation years before. I think he would of been great if he went there (ASU).

Comment

Jason Leach - Odessa, Texas early '80s

can't forget him in this discussion!

Comment

what did Jason Leach do in high school?
                        I know he wa pretty good collegiately and post-college.

Comment

Thank the lord all mighty for the return and ever present Honky File for Sprinters.

Does the United State Society for the Antropological Studies of the Arcane have any idea of what kind of service this type of board offers?

The positive implications of these discussions boggle the mind.

White high school sprinters!

Do we question why we have not seen a board about Caribbean hammer throwers of West African descent who are black?
                          "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

There is no affirmative action in sports (except for coaches), like there is everywhere else in life, so maybe that's why were here.

Comment

I think that if we are talking about the fastest white HS sprinter you have to go to Jeremy Wariner. 20.4 in the 200m and 45.5 in the 400m. I'm not use that anyone has done that.....as far a white guys go.

I think that JT Scheuerman could give those time a run for the money this year, but he is another that is actually doing it right now that could be one of the fastest white guys ever.

20.90 in the 200m and 46.77 in the 400m......

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
                                There is no affirmative action in sports (except for coaches), like there is everywhere else in life, so maybe that's why were here.
                                Maybe if you read (or even reread) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels" you would not carry on so much about white people so much.
                                "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Working...
                                X