Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamy Keshmiri

Does anyone know what became of him? I seem to vaugley remember him, while I was in HS.

If my memory serves me correctly, he used to hold the National HS discus record and well as the NCAA discus record.

I believe in 1992 he won the Olympic trials with a throw of 236-9. That would have been the best in the world by about ten feet and the second best in US history.

Now here is what I am not sure about. I seem to recall him failing a drug test and being put on probation for two years. He had to get tested several times a year at an IOC approved clinic.

He was finally suspended for testing at UNLV. As it was an IOC sanctioned lab, he felt he was in the right, but the IOC ruled the test invalid.

Re: Kamy Keshmiri

Yes, he tested positive. I think Kamy was a fantastic talent. His dad coached him. I thought he would have won the gold medal in Barcelona. Who knows?

Comment

Re: Kamy Keshmiri

Currently, he's in Reno, NV, where he and his brother own a topless bar called the Wild Orchid.
      He adamantly denied drug use at the time that he was busted, and my recollection was that some of the testing was through a medical lab in Reno (although my memory of that is hazy, and I'd have to look it up).
      By the way, he attended school at UNR (Reno), rather than Las Vegas.
      I don't think that he ever touched a discus again after he was disqualified.

Comment

Working...
      X