Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• famous oldie / who was I?

I finished 10th in the 1921 x country meet , 3 miles,held at half time of the GA.- CLEMSON football game. I DIED in June 2003, a famous man of 100!

Re: famous oldie / who was I?

Strom Thurmond

Comment

how do u knowthis? , I GOT it fron a CLEMSON web site . satch guesses , u guessed using age & dod.

Comment

HEY FERNY, note that Strom is in CLEMSON sports hall of fame , but not you.Guess they didn't dig JERSEY guys.

Comment

I was at a reunion a number of years ago and found out I had been nominated but not elected because I had never joined the Block C Varsity Athletics fraternity. I was there 72-76 and at that point no High Jumper had ever joined so I didn't either. I was not going to crawl through S**T and be urinated on in order to "BELONG". Not to mention walk around with a brick tied to my "willie". I have seen who is in the HoF and I know a LOT don't have my credentials, but hey I'm not going to start kissing butt at 50! Clemson used me as a recruiting tool which was the very beginning of them getting a lot of good athletes in. I got a good education. Nuff said.

Comment

<Not to mention walk around with a brick tied to my "willie".>

Picture Thurmond doing this. LOL.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

AH," good ole boy" southern humor, did they tar &feather the black guys?

Comment

Actually by that point everyone was treated equally at Clemson. They molasssed and feathered all the pledges. I guess they couldn't get ahold of tar.

Comment

Working...
                X