Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacques Freitag

Nothing irks me more than squandering your talents and thus resulting in a career that can be summed up as unrealized potential. I know he won the WC at a very young age, but he had the tools to be truly great. Always wondered what happened after the ankle issues. Looks like that was the tip of the iceberg.

http://playzasport.blogspot.com/2012/11 ... eitag.html
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Re: Jacques Freitag

Originally posted by Dietmar239
    Nothing irks me more than squandering your talents and thus resulting in a career that can be summed up as unrealized potential. I know he won the WC at a very young age, but he had the tools to be truly great. Always wondered what happened after the ankle issues. Looks like that was the tip of the iceberg.

I agree with you. I thought Freitag and Silnov were the only two who could possibly have approached the WR before Bondarenko last year. Freitag got quite big (heavy) with constant ankle problems. Silnov also had a couple of seasons but also injuries and a less than perfect technique.

Comment

Re: Jacques Freitag

Originally posted by Per Andersen
      Originally posted by Dietmar239

I agree with you. I thought Freitag and Silnov were the only two who could possibly have approached the WR before Bondarenko last year. Freitag got quite big (heavy) with constant ankle problems. Silnov also had a couple of seasons but also injuries and a less than perfect technique.
      Silnov...How in the world does someone escape from Russia with such horrid technique? Remember that very close attempt he had at 2.42m? Imagine if Silnov had a Sorin Matei/Stefan Holm layout and rotation over the bar. All the tools, but no dice. I mean, really? I can't think that other Russian coaches aren't looking at his coach (Yevgeniy Zagorulko) sideways. He's coached Chicherova, Klyugin, Ukhov, Bykova, Voronin, Slesarenko, and that's the best he can do for Silnov. We need to talk Paklin into a more serious coaching role.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
      X