Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact or fiction?

It was a dual meet (remember those) between Fresno City and the College of the Seqouias in Visalia. The event the mens 400m. Coming off the final turn it was FCC's Ezunial Burts and COS's Bob Womack, they run side by side down that final strecth, neck and neck and at the wire.....???? After about 10 minutes.....tie!

It's the final event of the meet the 4x4, the score is tied, the winner of the 4x4 wins the meet, coming off the final turn it;s FCC's Ezunial Burts and COS's Bob Womack, they run side by side down that final strecth, neck and neck, at the wire......???? After about 10 minutes, as everyone waits in anticipation, the final word comes down.....tie!

Ezunial Burts would get into local politics, Bob Womack ended up in prison for armed robbery. But

Fact or fiction?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used to make all those COS meets when they were at home. I was just a kid, the guy who really impressed me was FCC's Alvin Mann. Then there was SJDelta's Ebanizar Edmonds, how do you forget....Ebanizar Edmonds?

Re: Fact or fiction?

Fiction.

Comment

Hey, I'll say fact... I've got a 50 % chance of being right.

Comment

Can't vouch for Ezunial Burts, but Bob Womack did not wind up in prison and deserves a better "memory" than this.

Bob was the major voice of track in California's Central Valley for at least two decades until his passing some 10-15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
          Can't vouch for Ezunial Burts, but Bob Womack did not wind up in prison and deserves a better "memory" than this.

Bob was the major voice of track in California's Central Valley for at least two decades until his passing some 10-15 years ago.
          Hmmmmmm?

What did the Womack you are talking about look like?

Comment

Working...
          X