Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All In The Family

Happy birthday today (Tuesday) to an Olympic champion who was born 105 years ago this day. Our birthday person died at the age of 76.

This champion also set world records during a great career.

Don't worry about the hurdles when trying to come up with the name of our birthday person.

The father of our birthday athlete won an Olympic bronze medal 26 years before our birthday athlete won the Olympic gold medal.

Unscramble these four numbers to get the gold medal performance of our birthday champion: 2,177.

Two brothers of our birthday athlete also competed in the same Olympic Games as did our birthday athlete. One of the brothers took a silver medal.

So, the family of this birthday champion won Olympic gold, silver, and bronze medals.

Four years after winning the Olympic gold medal, our birthday person placed fifth in the Olympic Games.

Only 23 years old when winning the Olympic gold medal, our birthday athlete set an Olympic record with the winning performance.

Name our birthday champion for this Tuesday in February.

Re: All In The Family

Has to be a member of the Jarvinen family but can't remember who threw the javelin and who were the multi event athletes. An amazing family.

Comment

Has to be Matti, considered by many to be one of the greatest javelin throwers of all time.

Comment

I'm going to say "Congratulations to slowcat and to catson52." It is Matti Jarvinen, one of the all-time greats in javelin throwing. Matti came from a pretty amazing family. I wish I could have been in the L.A. Coliseum for the 1932 Olympic Games (my mother was only eight years old then).

Comment

Working...
        X