Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selma To Montgomery

Happy 49th birthday today (Tuesday) to an Olympic champion who also owns an Olympic Games silver medal. This champion won five World Indoor Championship gold medals and two outdoor World Championship gold medals.

Our birthday athlete set a world record in winning one of those World Championship gold medals.

Over 25,000 people marched to Montgomery, Alabama the date this birthday athlete was born. The march probably had nothing to do with this birth.

Tennessee is about the same size in area as the country from which our birthday athlete was born.

No longer an active athlete, this person is now the president of the Olympic Committee from this athlete's nation.

Don't worry about the hurdles when thinking of an event for this person.

Name our birthday champion for this last Tuesday of March.

Re: Selma To Montgomery

The great Stefka Kostadinova.

Comment

You got her, gm33. Stefka Kostadinova turned 49 yesterday (Tuesday). I was lucky enough to have seen her world record in Rome 27 years ago. I think that record is ready to go, but it's a tough record.

Comment

In 1986, at the TAC Meet in Eugene, I predicted to some other TAFnuts that women would jump 7 feet before men would jump 8 feet. I was expecting Kostadinova to keep going but definitely wrong on that prediction.

Comment

Seven feet may take another few years for women, but once it's done, it probably won't be long before other women clear it, too.

Comment

The fan to see the first 7' women's HJ AND the first sub-2 hr marathon will be ready to go straight to Valhalla.

Comment

I would say the sub-two hour marathon will come a few years after the first woman to clear seven feet in the high jump.

Comment

Working...
              X