Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&F Hall of Fame Wikipedia page

The Wikipedia page for the (USA) National Track & Field Hall of Fame (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...d_Hall_of_Fame) has a listing of all the inductees with links to individual Wikipedia pages for each. However, many of the inductees do not have individual pages. It seems like if somebody is famous enough for the Hall of Fame, they're famous enough for their own individual page. Perhaps some of y'all with good historical knowledge could go there and create them.

I've thought for a while of creating one for Stan Huntsman, but have never gotten around to it. Anyone who knows his career better than me (I ran one season for him back in 1986-87) is welcome to beat me to it.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: T&F Hall of Fame Wikipedia page

One that they say is missing is not - Walter Tewksbury has a Wikipedia page. I would love to do one on LeRoy Walker, who surely deserves one. Fine man.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
      One that they say is missing is not - Walter Tewksbury has a Wikipedia page.
      In that case, it should be easy enough to link. I could do that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
        Actually, the problem was just a spelling error. Once that was corrected, the page linked automatically.

Comment

One that they say is missing is not - Walter Tewksbury has a Wikipedia page. I would love to do one on LeRoy Walker, who surely deserves one. Fine man.

What little coaching I got in the HJ while at Duke, I got from Coach Walker.

Comment

Actually, the problem was just a spelling error. Once that was corrected, the page linked automatically.
            Don't know what the spelling error was, but Tewkesbury was a common misspelling. And while he's often listed with a full name of John Walter Beardsley Tewksbury, his birth name was Walter Beardsley Tewksbury. The John was a fraternity name given him while he was a student at Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
              Don't know what the spelling error was, but Tewkesbury was a common misspelling. And while he's often listed with a full name of John Walter Beardsley Tewksbury, his birth name was Walter Beardsley Tewksbury. The John was a fraternity name given him while he was a student at Penn.
              Nah, it was misspelled as Tewskbury.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                Nah, it was misspelled as Tewskbury.
                Yes, well, that's a misspelling I've never seen . . .

Comment

You'll also see him listed as John Tewksbury in some sources - but he was always known as Walter

Comment

You'll also see him listed as John Tewksbury in some sources - but he was always known as Walter
                    As DJ said John was a fraternity name - kinda like Flounder in Animal House.

Comment

So when I did that 2nd post - an add-on really - I got a message at first - "You cannot make another post so soon after your last post" Since when has that been true? Are they afraid I was going to talk some more about my awesome 400 metres at a body weight of 230 lbs???

Comment

there's a 30-second barrier, has always been there

(helps stop spammers from flooding)

Comment

Working...
                        X