Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: greatest talent--- - wasted

according to T&FN: Long Jump.....8.16*....26-9 1/4 ...Dion Bentley (Penn Hills, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania).........Santa Fe, Argentina........6/23/89

Comment

Southern Conference Men's Indoor Track Individual Champions

60-Yard Dash
      1975 -- Carter Suggs, East Carolina, 6.1
      1976 -- Carter Sugs, East Carolina 6.3
      1975 -- Carter Suggs, East Carolina, 50.2

mile relay:
      1975 -- East Carolina, 3:23.4
      1977 -- East Carolina, 3:21.5

Comment

>>Bob Duncan:

I agree with your assessment. Being from Ohio, I saw this
        >guy
        >rise thru junior high, high school, and finally up thru Ohio State.
        >His
        >achievements here are legendary. Chris truly did waste his talents thru
        >his
        >rape(s) of that minor girl. At the time that Chris was "involved"
        >with that
        >girl, a friend of mine was his coach and I can tell you that both,
        >not too
        >mention the rest of you, were stunned. But in the years that
        >followed, I have
        >been informed by someone close to me that Chris had
        >evidently "looked" funny
        >at many young women and teen girls. This person
        >close to me told me that he'd
        >even hit on her (she was in her early 20's at
        >the time), despite the fact that
        >he already had a gf and I think a kid at
        >the time. Chris was his own worst
        >enemy, and now he is serving some serious
        >time. Truly sad.

Black man molests a little girl = life in
        >prison.

White man molests a little girl, Governor of Oregon, Nike executive
        >= scum of the earth gets away with it.

Go figure?

That's because the brother was caught literally red-handed, and the white guy's problems came up years later. Go figure. Something PC liberals are unable to do when presented with facts. As a side note, if you're going to cry about the criminal justice system, take some time to go to the DOJ website and actually look at the numbers. Despite what the press claims, whites actually get more prison time on average than blacks, crime for crime. Same goes for the death penalty, despite all those TV movies designed to make people, especially white people, feel sad and guilty.

Greatest talent wasted? Lots of them. Track is littered with them. Jeff Nelson, Houston McTear, Robinson as mentioned above, same goes for Reed. Too many to list.

Comment

>I'm not sure when he's eligible for parole, but sex offenders are a sad lot
          >and re-offend so frequently that they are always like ticking time
          >bombs.

Oft-repeated but patently false according to Justice Department statistics.

Comment

Many may disagree with these two, but I think we never got to see the best of either Renaldo Nehemiah or willie Gault. Both were great and ran well but curtailed their careers by playing pro football. I think had they stuck with track there would have been mujltiple olympic and world championship medals going their direction, and the WR in the 110H would be lower than it is. Also, they may have been ranked in other events like the 100 and the 200. Worse yet, we missed out on a Kingdom, Foster, Nehemiah, Gault rivalry.

Comment

The greatest sprinter ever wasted?...
              Bob HAYES!!! of course.

Comment

Any votes for Jeff Nelson.

Comment

Thanks to Brian for at least defining his terms. When I first saw the thread my thoughts went to guys who blew it with alcohol or drugs or crime. I certainly wouldn't include Steve Williams who had bad luck with injuries, unless you want to include him for having stuck with the 100 when he probably would have been better off with the 200 or the 400. Who else was in the wrong event? I thought after Skeets came back from football he should have given the 400IH a shot but it never happened. Given that old quarter mile relay split he ran at Penn it would have been interesting. Would you include as wasted guys who just walked away from it?, like Tom O'Hara after '64 or Tony Waldrup after '75? Would you include Jerry Tarr who I tried pro football after his super '62, I guess, in order to earn a living. I would have loved to have seen Danny Everett try an 800. Did he waste anything for not trying? Did the late Bruce Collins squander his talent by only running the highs indoors when maybe he should have been running 500s? But, guys not trying other events would appear to be an entirely different, albeit related thread.

Comment

Thanks to Brian for at least defining his terms. When I first saw the thread my thoughts went to guys who blew it with alcohol or drugs or crime. I certainly wouldn't include Steve Williams who had bad luck with injuries, unless you want to include him for having stuck with the 100 when he probably would have been better off with the 200 or the 400. Who else was in the wrong event? I thought after Skeets came back from football he should have given the 400IH a shot but it never happened. Given that old quarter mile relay split he ran at Penn it would have been interesting. Would you include as wasted guys who just walked away from it?, like Tom O'Hara after '64 or Tony Waldrup after '75? Would you include Jerry Tarr who I tried pro football after his super '62, I guess, in order to earn a living. I would have loved to have seen Danny Everett try an 800. Did he waste anything for not trying? Did the late Bruce Collins squander his talent by only running the highs indoors when maybe he should have been running 500s? But, guys not trying other events would appear to be an entirely different, albeit related thread.

Comment

"Who else was in the wrong event?"

Raelene Boyle - could have easily taken the 400 in 68 and 72 and given Szewinska a damn good run for her money in 76. As it was, she still made 3 consecutive OG 100 finals, finished no worse than 4th, won a silver, and back to back silvers in the 68 and 72 200s.

Comment

>who just walked away from it?, like Tom O'Hara after '64 or Tony Waldrup after
                        >'75? Would you include Jerry Tarr who I tried pro football after his super

Although Tony Waldrop was quite possibly the most talented American miler we ever had, he had other things he'd rather be doing. It would be a stretch of epic proportions to call him a waste.

http://research.unc.edu/red/meet.html

Comment

>>I'm not sure when he's eligible for parole, but sex offenders are a sad
                          >lot
                          >and re-offend so frequently that they are always like ticking
                          >time
                          >bombs.

Oft-repeated but patently false according to Justice
                          >Department statistics.

Malmo, it depends on the type of sex crime one is remarking on. Serial rape and pedophilia, especially same-sex pedophilia are actually fairly high in recidivism if the individual is not "treated" so that he is literally physically incapable of "performing". This is never mentioned in the mainstream press for more reasons than I care to list - not that they belong on a track forum anyway.

Bob Hayes was a waste. Yeah, he won his gold medals, but he hardly trained compared to what is seen today, and he quit before his prime to play with the Cowboys. Not that you can really criticize him for it. Gotta pay the bills.

Comment

Maybe Michael Carter. Never got near the world record that he maybe could of done.

Comment

Reggie Torian.
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

ALL answers WRONG. FreemanW. SATCHMAN , A talented athlete, actor, psychic ,philosopher, etc squanders his abilities with the likes of you BOZOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X