Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a list of AAU Track & Road Champions 1921 - 1932 at 5 Miles and 10 Miles

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a list of AAU Track & Road Champions 1921 - 1932 at 5 Miles and 10 Miles

I'm doing research on African American distance runners Earl Johnson and Gus Moore. I have them winning the following US Championships.

Gus Moore:
    1930 10 Mile track or road?

Earl Johnson:
    1921 - 1923 5 Mile track
    1924 10 Mile track or road?

I'd like to review a list of all champions at these distances 1921-1932. Also I'd like to confirm if these were track or road championship races.

Thank You!
    GaryC

For Johnson (you may have already seen this...):

R.Earl Johnson
    He made his Olympic debut in 1920, but was eliminated in the heats of the 10,000m. In 1924, there were no heats for the 10,000m and Johnson placed eighth in a field of 43. In the cross-country event, Johnson finished third behind the redoubtable Finns, Paavo Nurmi and Ville Ritola, and led the U.S. to the silver medals in the team event. He also won a bronze medal. He won the AAU cross-country title in 1921. His achievements were not limited to the road. On the track he was the AAU five-mile champion for three consecutive years starting in 1921. In 1924 he won the AAU 10-mile championship.

Source -- http://www.rrca.org/about/history/hall-of-fame/1970/

Comment

USATF website shows the champions at 5M from 1880 through 1924, after which the AAU switchedto running the 3M/6M.

Sorry, can't help with the AAU 10M as it was held separate from the regular AAU championship meet.

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
        X