Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find history of T&F world records?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to find history of T&F world records?

Thanks anyway. I'm going to get the book (HF 103). Sounds like a great resource to have.

Comment

What is the publication date of the latest IAAF WR progression book? I have an old one, and about 15 of the annual suppliments. Those used to be gratis, but messy, not quite the same size as the book. I probably need a new book.

Comment

Here's another one:

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/athletic ... efault.htm

Comment

Mike: The lastest copy I have is dated 2003, and I don't think there's anything more recent. Cover is a collage of El G, Paula, Tim Montgamery (as a TV talking head likes to say), and the Russkie woman vaulter. By the way, these are compiled and edited by Richard Hymans, who does a genuinely amazing job...

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with Kuha on the WR Progession book. There have been four editions so far (every four years) and the last was 2003.

It is, without doubt, the MOST essential TandF book out there. The amount of info is incredible. Besides, the WR holders it has every runner in the race (except the marathon where it lists the top ten), splits, etc. There are also numerous anecdotes.

I have always been amazed that TandFnews has for the most part ignored it, but if you are interested in any way in the history of the sport you have to have it.

The IAAF does a good job with publications. Shipping is free and it comes airmail from Monaco. I faxed an order and a week later I had it.

Comment

Working...
            X