Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find history of T&F world records?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Re: Where to find history of T&F world records?

I agree wholeheartedly with Kuha on the WR Progession book. There have been four editions so far (every four years) and the last was 2003.

It is, without doubt, the MOST essential TandF book out there. The amount of info is incredible. Besides, the WR holders it has every runner in the race (except the marathon where it lists the top ten), splits, etc. There are also numerous anecdotes.

I have always been amazed that TandFnews has for the most part ignored it, but if you are interested in any way in the history of the sport you have to have it.

The IAAF does a good job with publications. Shipping is free and it comes airmail from Monaco. I faxed an order and a week later I had it.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied

Mike: The lastest copy I have is dated 2003, and I don't think there's anything more recent. Cover is a collage of El G, Paula, Tim Montgamery (as a TV talking head likes to say), and the Russkie woman vaulter. By the way, these are compiled and edited by Richard Hymans, who does a genuinely amazing job...

Leave a comment:

• Mel
    replied

Here's another one:

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/athletic ... efault.htm

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

What is the publication date of the latest IAAF WR progression book? I have an old one, and about 15 of the annual suppliments. Those used to be gratis, but messy, not quite the same size as the book. I probably need a new book.

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied

Thanks anyway. I'm going to get the book (HF 103). Sounds like a great resource to have.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied

At amazon.com, it's "uploads" I believe... Glad to be of service... (If you get the book, I do think you'll find it worth the trouble.)

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied

>Jeez, malmo, I thought you were a pretty smart guy...

Just a good faker.

What could be wrong with me? When searching for a book to buy, the first place I should have looked was DOWNLOADS? Thanks for the help. I'm heading to Amazon.com to buy a book, I'll be sure to type "Download" in the search field.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied

Jeez, malmo, I thought you were a pretty smart guy...

Try: IAAF home page/downloads/publications

That should give you the full list of what they've got. Not everything they actually have is always listed. If in doubt, send an email query; they're great about answering. They are also great about price and shipping...things get from Moncaco to the US quickly and in good shape.

Leave a comment:

• Mel
    replied

deleted post, wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied

>>From the IAAF.

Gee, who'd a thunk it?

I consider myself to be quite resourceful, however, still unable to locate it. You seem to know where to find it, perhaps you'd help?

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied

From the IAAF.

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied

....you can switch horses mid stream...teach a man to fish...teach an old dog new tricks...

Since you are compelled to promote this book, exactly where does one buy it? I want one.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied

This is very impressive and useful. But it does NOT come close to doing what the IAAF book does--which is to give a narrative of every WR race plus complete results, splits, etc. That's it on this subject. In life, we find the information we're prepared to find. You can lead a horse to water, etc.

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied

See the link above.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied

Wha? If there's any website with a fraction of the information included in the IAAF book, I sure don't know of it. The websites have the results since '03 or whatever, but practically none of the detail before that time that the book has...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X