Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming

If you could break the world record and win the Olympic gold medal next year in Brazil in only one track and field event, which one event would you select? Of course it must be an Olympic track and field event (relays included) in Rio.

My event would be the men's 1,500.

Look at my handle and then take a wild guess !

The best actual dream I ever had in my life had me winning the Olympic HJ in 1964. Yes, that dream surpassed all the "other " type dreams.

Comment

Decathlon!

Comment

By the way, it doesn't matter how old you are, in this dream you would win the gold medal in Rio and set a new world record.

Comment

Win Decathlon... break LJ record enroute

Comment

DoubleRBar has already won the 1500, so I will take the marathon.

Comment

20 km walk if I could get just one.
              Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

100m sprint, just to be able to read jamboys explanation how i'm really from Jamaica and not German at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                  Win Decathlon... break LJ record enroute
                  Win Dec with these marks (I'm not greedy!)

28'
                  70'
                  7'

200'
                  20'3 WR
                  280'
                  4:10

What's that? My tables don't go up that far!

Comment

Atticus, I think you might be the athlete of the meet, if not of the century.

Comment

If he can do that well in the first 9 events, why not a 3:40 ( at least ) in the 1500 ?!

Comment

What's the first final on the schedule? Because I want to spend as much time partying afterwards as possible.

Comment

I'm sure Atticus would be way too tired after vaulting 6.17 to run a 3:40 1,500.

Usually the 100 meters is one of the first finals or maybe the shot put, but I'm not sure of Rio's schedule.

By the way, you are allowed to select an event which someone has already claimed. For example, even though I took the 1,500 meters, someone else could also pick that event.

You can also describe how you would win this event in Rio. When I win the 1,500 in Rio, my first lap is 57 seconds. I come through 800 in 1:53 and 1,200 meters in 2:48. I run the final 300 meters in 36.7 for a new world record.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                            By the way, you are allowed to select an event which someone has already claimed. For example, even though I took the 1,500 meters, someone else could also pick that event.
                            Makes sense; after all, both Ramzi and Kiprop claimed that event in 2008.

Comment

I'm not Ramzi.

Comment

Working...
                              X