Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dominating national all-time performance lists?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norunner View Post
    It would be interesting to limit the search to top T&F countries only, where a big lead would be more meaningful. Like Russia, US, Germany, France, UK, Italy, etc., and by top countries i mean countries that develop all events.
    Drechsler has 38 jumps better than next placed Radtke; 65 if you count ancillary jumps.

Comment

It would be interesting to limit the search to top T&F countries only, where a big lead would be more meaningful. Like Russia, US, Germany, France, UK, Italy, etc., and by top countries i mean countries that develop all events.
      Piotr Małachowski is the Polish no. 1 with, I believe, 36 results ahead of Robert Urbanek (not including ancillary throws).
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Akii-Bua? Barshim? Jonathan Edwards?

Comment

Looking at her complete career record at 400m since her debut in 1988 until her last race in 2000, Marie-José PÉREC has 26 of her 34 competitions were faster than the 2nd French ebst ever (51.21). She holds the 34 French best performances (including heats) and she has never been beaten by a French in the 1 lap race.

Comment

JE only has 9 competitions over Phillips 17.81 (there will be more ancillary jumps including WR in 95)

If we're looking at TJ Ashia Hansen is a better bet as 2nd best UK is over a meter down

No it's not i forgot about Aldama
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

But before Aldama became eligible to represent GBR, Hansen must have had A LOT of results better than the British no.2.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Sergei Bubka probably easily has 100+ performances better than the Ukrainian #2, his brother at 5.86m.

Comment

Originally posted by dbirds View Post
                  Akii-Bua? Barshim? Jonathan Edwards?
                  IIRC, Akii-Bua never approached his WR at the Olympics. The #2 Ugandan is, Peter Rwamuhanda, with a PR of 49.78. Akii-Bua undoubtedly ran faster than that multiple times, but I doubt if he approaches some of the others who've been mentioned on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                    Sergei Bubka probably easily has 100+ performances better than the Ukrainian #2, his brother at 5.86m.
                    I believe it's less than 100 unless you count ancillary performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                      But before Aldama became eligible to represent GBR, Hansen must have had A LOT of results better than the British no.2.
                      100's probably every competition for 10 years !!
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Found the data on alltime-athletics. Bubka had 139 vaults higher than 5.86m.

75 times outdoors
                        38 times indoors
                        12 outdoor ancillary
                        12 indoor ancillary
                        1 town square
                        1 jump off

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                          Found the data on alltime-athletics. Bubka had 139 vaults higher than 5.86m.

75 times outdoors
                          38 times indoors
                          12 outdoor ancillary
                          12 indoor ancillary
                          1 town square
                          1 jump off
                          Did you pick 5.86 because that is the next Ukrainian vaulter on the list?(also named Bubka for those keeping track).

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                            I believe it's less than 100 unless you count ancillary performances.
                            My mistake--I did not look at indoor marks. As others have noted, it's definitely over 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              Did you pick 5.86 because that is the next Ukrainian vaulter on the list?(also named Bubka for those keeping track).
                              Yes. He also had a couple of 5.86 marks that tied the #2 Ukrainian performer (Vasiliy Bubka).

Comment

Working...
                              X